Eighteen| Genuine Compliments.

••••••

••••••

"Even if it was the bandits' fault, there were flaws in the fort prior to this incident. If you do not see it fit to rebuke the soldiers, then you will receive their punishment." The maniacal prince said, picking out petals of a large white flower.

The room fell in silence so heavy you could hear a pin drop. Zen was stone faced, though you knew he couldn't have been taking this well.

"Someone with such a soft underbelly would naturally refuse to be hard on anyone else, that wouldn't be fair." Izana was rather at peace with all of this by the way he gazed at that flower.

Finally, Zen spoke, teeth gritted together, "I understand."

Izana looked up, "good," he curtly nodded, "now, next on our docket, Zinnia, let our new guest in" he motioned towards the curtains at the other side of the spacious room.

Although confused, you obliged, standing up and crossing towards the other side of the room. You gently pulled open the curtain, being met with a familiar face.

"Shirayuki?" A larger voice masked your soft gasp.

"Zinnia?" She asked softly.

"I—" a hand was placed on your shoulder and you turned to see the first prince urging you to handle this matter later.

"Zen, you and your two toadies are dismissed, Zinnia will see you out," he said, and you nodded, stepping aside and turning to Zen who was shocked at Shirayuki's appearance. "Don't you have work to do?" Izana asked, while Zen's shocked expression turned into anger.

"What are you up to?" He asked.

In true Izana fashion, he simply cocked his head to the side with an expression that mocked innocence. "Zinnia will see you three out," he repeated again, Zen's eyes felt his and towards you then onto Shirayuki.

"Very well." He said, turning and walking away only to pause mid stride and whirl back to face his red headed admirer. With new life, Zen marched past you and Izana and went to Shirayuki, tugging the curtains to mask whatever he said to her.

Once the curtain settled he was simply hugging here before turning back and nodding to his brother. You followed the three out, hearing Izana's chatter with Shirayuki become more and more muffled as the four of you exited the office and down the grand hall.

It didn't take Zen more than a second after exiting the premises of Izana's office to whirl around towards you. "What is the meaning of this Zinnia?! How are you here? Dressed like that?" Your hands went up in surrender almost instantly.