Thirty two| Letting go.

•••••••

•••••••

Izana hated to admit, but he was well aware that what the two of you had was temporary. As much as it made his stomach churn and his chest tighten at the thought that you may not be in his life forever. He knew how illogical and honestly wishful the thinking that the two of you would last forever was.

Especially since these past few weeks have been like a dream to the prince. Your presence made him breathless, your kisses sent him on a high that he never wanted to come down from. You were an enigma to him, one that had taken a very large piece of his soul. Everyday he found that his feelings for you grew stronger and stronger. He, for the sake of classicism, adored you.

And for this past month you had been his. He couldn't have been happier, and maybe if it really did come down to it he would chose you over his crown—though Izana knew you would slap him silly if he ever admitted that. Of course, that would be on the off-chance that you actually took him seriously when he said that.

So, with all of that acknowledged, when you said you had to leave the castle a fear he didn't know he had surfaced. His chest clenched tightly, and his throat dried and it became significantly harder to breath. He wasn't ready to let what you two had go yet, and he was sure he would never be. Of course you didn't see it, you didn't notice his reaction and you sure as hell didn't notice all the stunning attributes he saw in you. Your smile lit up the room, how your bubbly persona soothed him. How beautiful you are, how every kiss you gave him left an imprint on his very soul.

And of course you didn't notice the stiffness of his shoulders and the flash of fear behind his ever-calming blue eyes. Only chuckled at his reaction and placed another kiss on his lips. "Just for a few days," you clarified, before leaning away from him. "Knowing my family, they probably want me to go back home. First they send me a warning, next they come and get me themselves. Hopefully they only sent Rami, although he can drag me by force easily. But he's  the most understanding."

"What do you mean go back home?" He asked.

You smiled down at him, "I'll tell you all about it later, after I come back." You said, stepping away from his arms and taking a seat on the chair across from him.

Izana was having a hard time understanding why it is you needed to leave. He was having an even harder time understanding that he couldn't say no. On merits of being his royal guard, of course he could easily refuse to pardon you. But on merits of being his significant other, he knew he couldn't. "When are you planning on leaving?" He asked, you shrugged, leaning on your knees.

"The sooner the better, although I'm not sure how long I'm allowed to leave."

"What would happen if you don't leave?" He asked.