Thirty three| Kane and Rami.

•••••

Prince Izana was in a very irritable mood, and it seemed to affect everyone else in the castle. It was odd, atleast for the people who were able to make the connection, Konami sure as hell was. But it seem as if the second you left his mood dropped drastically.

It was the royal guard's duty to remain at the prince's side for as long as humanely possible. But, Konami had been requested to stay out of his office, as in the same office he's been in with small times where he's left for the last three days since you've gone.

Word of his sudden mood change had spread all through out the castle. And Izana was notorious for being a very terrifying man even without the added mood drop. So, a lot of people steered clear from him, Prince Zen and Shirayuki especially. But also a lot of the lords, Infact Haruka himself seemed to have made the connection between your absence and Izana's annoyance. He too steered clear of the prince.

Konami did have his own assumptions, though he was well aware how absurd it would be for the prince to have any sort of romantic feelings for a lowly guard. It was obvious to everyone that Izana favored you more than a lot of people in this castle. Also, the two of you got along better than anyone else he'd ever known to have worked with Izana. Zen included.

But it wasn't until he had been given a letter to deliver to him personally—from you— that he truly confirmed his previous theories.

It was dusk, the sky was a dark purpleish and the prince was alone in his office with the windows open and a book in his hands as he leaned against the wall beside the window. Konami failed to notice the flowers pressed inside the book he was reading. But that didn't seem too important when he reported that he had received a letter.

"Is it a matter of national security?" Izana first asked slowly running his hands over the stem of the pressed flowers.

"No sir," atleast, Konami didn't think it was.

Izana finally looked from the pages of his book, "then why must I see it right now?" There was that small bite in his tone that caused Konami's heart to leap fearfully.

"Uh, well, I know it's not as important but," he started stumbling over his words, something he was always taught showed weakness. The guard silently cursed himself, luckily Izana wasn't even paying that much attention to him in the first place. Konami heaved in a deep breath to get his words right, then he spoke, "my apologies your highness, originally this was a low profile letter that would have to be sent to the guards to look through. But, I thought you wouldn't appreciate your privacy being invaded." He was dragging it on, but something about Izana's closed off nature made him feel as if he had to explain himself before finally getting to the main part.

"Get to the point," sighed the long haired blonde.

Right. "It's from Lady Zinnia."

His mood flipped like a switch, the book was gently slammed shut and he was striding from the window and towards the letter. Izana's eyes scanned over the writing on the envelope.

To: Prince Izana

From: Royal Guard, Shimizu, Zinnia.