Thirteen| The Favor

••••••

••••••

Izana had decided to prolong his secret arrival on the merits of him waiting for someone. The next morning, while he was having breakfast in his office and steadily tackling the lessened paperwork in the rare comfort and privacy. Lord Haruka, an older blonde, cerulean eyed man who had just recently discovered of his arrival slipped inside his office.

"Good morning Prince Izana," he called, Izana tore his eyes away from the papers at the tea and turned towards him.

"Lord Haruka, to what do I owe this visit?" Being a councilman, Haruka was always lurking around the castle. He possessed a decent amount of authority for him to take charge if either of the two princes was to leave the castle. Izana assumed, that in his own absence Lord Haruka had done what he knows how to do best. And that's meddle.

Lord Haruka who never bothered with pleasantries stood his ground, beside the closed door. "You have been back for three days now, why not announce your arrival?" Oh here we go again, Izana almost rolled his eyes. "Your younger brother has been running rampant through the castle, inviting commoners and befriending them, he even went as far as to give a mere commoner a position in the castle."

What is the difference between that and what I'm doing here? Izana wondered. Though, the idea of his younger brother fraternizing with a commoner yet again didn't sit right with him. While Izana would rather suffer a terrible death than compliment his younger brother, he did know that Zen wasn't an idiot. Though, he did have a weakness for taking in strays. If Izana wasn't there to look after him, the past may repeat itself, and he's had enough of his brother's depressive episodes for one lifetime.

At the moment, however, he had to just trust that Zen had matured enough not to put himself back in a bad situation. Izana himself had a commoner to appoint to his castle's royal guard, someone to personally cater to him.

Izana was hypocrite, and he knew it.

"While I am fascinated by what my baby brother is doing" the blonde sighed, taking off his reading glasses. "I currently have my own agendas to attend to, once it's handled I'll make sure to look into the matter."

Lord Haruka let out an unsatisfied scoff, "speaking of which, who is this mystery guard you're looking to appoint?" He arched a bushy blonde eyebrow, "I can assure you, that we have a row of perfectly capable guards ready to be appointed. Some train their whole lives for this simple opportunity."

"The agreement was that if I were to agree to appoint my own guard, I chose them by my own merits, wasn't it?" Izana took a cookie from the pouch that had been placed beside his tea. "Need I remind you that I didn't want one to begin with?" He turned towards Haruka who knew where this conversation was headed to.