Eight| Her new life.

••••••

••••••

Handling Koshi was as simple as abruptly yelling "boo!" At an unsuspecting child's face and hoping they get startled.

You'd done it in record time, just as the two of you were approaching a secluded area in the castle and the man was going on and on about how you were smart for snagging yourself a prince.

—"the prince of Clarines nonetheless! As an arrogant man Izana pays due to his reputation. But to think, the all-mighty, genius prince would fall victim to simple seduction by a temptress! Marvelous!"

Apparently he had bought the lovey-dovey act you and Izana had put on for the night. Although with either of you not being able to keep their hands off the other for too long it was easy to see why he believed so. Apparently Izana had never been the type to entertain women. Regardless of his rather flirtatious persona, the man had always been known to be more focused on his throne.

—"rumor has it that he's even refused attending any marriage meetings with women from neighboring nations. Regardless of what the King has said, the boy remains unrelenting when it comes to women. At first I assumed he wasn't interested, then I saw you in his arms. He couldn't take his eyes off you," Koshi then laughed, "what an idiot. Should he really know the nature of your background he'd known he's been dragged into something he didn't need to be affiliated with."

When you asked the man why he was telling you all this. He said simply, that he wanted to let you know that your role right now was a once in a lifetime thing.

—"it makes sense that he would want a rare beauty for a concubine, though, lord knows that boy is gutsy enough to make a complete unknown a queen."

As flattering as all that seemed, you hadn't come here to discuss your relationship status but to make sure Koshi had a clear reminder of his place.

One moment he was laughing about how good of a seductress you were, and the next he was hanging 40 stories off the ground by the sheer strength of your hands gripping his collar.

He was scared shitless, but that didn't drive the point home. The only way he could fully understand the true weight of this situation sss for you to show him the white dragon tattoo at the side of your stomach. Koshi wasn't a stupid man, he didn't climb where he was through ignorance like other men did. He knew his allies, and his enemies even better.

So you knew that the white markings on your body obviously rang a bell. And by the paleness of his face you knew the point was well received.