Twenty six| nights like this.

••••••

••••••

"How could you let this happen?!" Zen asked, eyes narrowed at you.

"Me!?" You asked, "you're the one who let an imbecile guard your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"That's right! Because she's too good for you!!"

"How dare you?!"

Obi sweat dropped at this conversation. It had only been a few minutes since Shirayuki passed out and Obi carried her to the bunks. On your way there, Zen had shown up and offered to come with you two there.

After passing by the chief herbalist, you officially introducing yourself, she ended up offering you three a few bottles of wine that you were now drinking around a small table in Shirayuki's room.

The lights were off and the bright moonlight illuminated the room. Zen and you had gone back to arguing once the glasses were set. You weren't a heavy drinker so you had to drink in moderation. The two however were experts and had about three glasses by now while you slowly sipped your first one.

"So you two are good friends after all," Obi smiled, as you and Zen stopped glaring at each other and turned to him.

"Shut up," you chorused simultaneously.

Obi only laughed at that. You let out a loud sigh, then placed your glass on the low table. "Fight as we do, I love you man," you gently nudged Zen's shoulder.

"No thank you, you're too mean for me." Zen huffed, arms crossed. "Shirayuki is nice and friendly!"

"Ew, no dummy, I didn't mean it like that. I'm way too hot for you, don't get cocky." You pushed his face away with your hand. "Plus, Izana is much better looking, just saying."

Zen gasped, "how dare you!!!" He asked again and you laughed.

"Awe!!! Does Nia have a crush on his highness?" Obi teased, leaning on the table and towards you. "Tell us all about it, don't worry about master, he only cares about Shirayuki."

"Don't get a head of yourself dumbass," you shook your head, "Izana is my employer and I will have a professional relationship with him." You stated robotically, almost feeling bad for how much of a lie that was.

"I said this before" Zen leaned against Shirayuki's bed as he downed the rest of his glass. "You're too good for him."

"Let's be honest" you placed your hands on either one of their shoulders. "I'm too good for everyone in this room as well, except for Shirayuki."

"Ohhh" Obi instigated, "you better watch out boss, she might steal her from you."

"Shut up Obi!"