Fourty Five| Mommy Dearest.

•••••••

•••••••

One day before departure, the queen arrived.

It was one of the most bizzare days you have ever experienced in Wistal Castle. For starters, it was completly off the record and half of the castle knew nothing of it. The other half consisted of only Lord Haruka, the two monarchs staying in this castle, their royal guards and a handful of other trusted individuals.

"How big is this?" You asked, standing stock straight beside Konami.

"Think, astronomical? then double it," he said, barely moving his lips, "this has never happened ever and if people find out that the queen of all people is here it would be pandemonium."

"If it's that big a deal, makes you wonder why she's here all of a sudden," Kiki said, beside you.

"Maybe it's about the whole border crisis," Mitisuhide chimed in, "maybe its a lot more serious than we thought."

"Especially since Princess Sakura is still here," added Konami.

Aside from your whispered banter, you watched the dining room table, where Zen and Izana sat across from their mother. She was a beautiful woman, Haruto Wisteria. Long blonde hair and a pair of brilliant blue eyes, she was slim and beautiful in her attire-- young for her age as well.

However, you could infer by the silence that she wasn't all sunshine and smiles.

The three ate in a sort of awkward silence that made you wonder exactly what it was you were doing here. Then you remembered this was your job? How did Izana trick you into this in the first place?

Suddenly silverware clinged against plates and everyone was now paying attention to the queen. "I'm sure you're wondering why I came all this way on such short notice?" She deliberitly turned to Izana who paused from his food. The two of you were actually suppose to have dinner in his office, but you suppose you can excuse it this time.

"No," he said as he set down his fork, "I anticipated your arrival, though I am confused as to why it's so sudden. We depart for Rimi tomorrow morning."

"I've been made aware," she sighed, "I won't take up too much of your time, I just wanted to see my children before they depart-- after all the next time we'll see each other will be at your coornation."

"Three months from now," Zen added, dejectedly, "I've heard that plans are being made by the church of Wistal to hold the ceremony there."

"Yes, we will have a grand ceremony," she perked, "however, before we march you up there and crown you King of Clarines, Izana we must discuss our deal."

"Ah," Izana sighed, leaning back on his chair, "I wish you would have picked any other day mother, I have been drowning in paperwork to compensate for the days I won't be in this castle, as well as doing guard protocals and drills for the trip and unfortunately have no further energy to burn."