Thirty Four| Compromises.

••••••

••••••

"And you're sure that this is all it will take?" You asked, eyeing your brother nervously.

He nodded, patting down the wig that had been placed on your head. "Of course, dear sister, I may not be the most reliable person, but I do keep my promises."

You weren't sure whether that was a positive sentiment or not but decided not to comment on it. Turning to stare at the mirror, the pink wig stopped right above your shoulder, a curtain of bangs covering your forehead and a red veil wrapping over the bridge of your nose.

Knock knock a pattern of knocks rhythming twinkle twinkle stars sounded on the door, then Rami poked his head in. "Hello," he sang, "showtime!"

You looked away from him and then back to the mirror, adjusting the strap around your wig. Before smiling at your reflection... showtime.

———

Just a few days ago you had informed Kane of yours and Izana's relationship.

The response was... exactly what you'd expected. Kane wasn't at all amused by the "joke" and when you confirmed that you were really serious. He flipped a table, this went beyond just being a helicopter sibling. He was quick to remind you that the White Dragons needed to stay anonymous for your safety and theirs as well. And that was hard to do when you were parading around with a Prince on your arms— A future king no less.

He insisted that you leave the castle, and stay with some friends in a different country until this whole thing cooled away. It didn't matter that you thought that was absolutely mental, his only voice of reason was Rami who stated that there was certain benefits that they could gain off this. That seemed to open a can of worms in the form of twisted ideas your brother suddenly had.

Which, after a lot of back and forth lead to this.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Kane's voice boomed through the building, "I urge you all to stay in your seats, as we present tonight's main entertainment," as he spoke you heard the familiar beat of traditional drums and the echoed bowls of the other dragons.

You took in one last deep breath, before pushing away the curtain and emerging infront of a large crowd of royals. Kane turned to you, then offered his hand out, you took it, stepping at the very center of the concrete field.

He then turned towards the King of Rimi, a tall elderly man with a heavy crown perched atop his head. "For you, your majesty," he then bowed his head, you dipped yours in respect as well, when the King nodded, Kane rose and turned to you. He placed a cold hand on your exposed shoulder, and leaned down to whisper, "give us ten minutes." with that, he walked off the stage, and a second later the concrete field lit up with vicious, hungry flames ready to devour you.