one| the welcome mat.

•••••
Izana Wisteria had seen it all, at this point. From bags of gold, silver and other shiney knick knacks that these wealthy men had in their possession. To grand feists, rows on rows of food that he surely never even finished more than one plate. Extravagant deserts, extravagant this, extravagant that — he understood their importance...

He was after all the future king, why not flatter him with as many materialistic things as possible while you can still get into his good favor? Made sense to him.

It was a shame they never realized he had long since made his mind on every single one of those government officials long before he even entered their home.

From moronic idiots, to self seeking narcissists — it was a shame there were rarely any good men in power. And if he really thought about it, all pride aside, he fit into that criteria of bad man in power. Except he never deceived his way to the top. His power, his authority, they were all a God-given birthright of his and he planned to handle it as such.

This petty guilt and misplaced morality was really stupid to him. Why fight it when it was chosen by fate to be you? It seemed like an excessive amount of work for the young soon-to-be king.

Though, on the list of bad men... lord Kazama Shiro ranked an extra level above the others.

Izana could always tell, it was so blatantly obvious he was kind of shocked no one else caught on.

The most to conceal will be the most to flatter.

The guilty will be the one who acts as the sovereign blameless.

Again, he's seen it all. Yet, Kazama had outdone himself. From the second the carriage stopped infront of his manor. To the welcome committee, of servants ready to do anything he so much as commanded. To the lavish dinner he had prepared for what had to be days before Izana had even embarked on the journey here.

As usual, the cerulean eyed, blonde prince could only eat so much before he grew bored and started longing for his room where he can read in silent solice away from all of these watching eyes.

"Your majesty," crooned Kazama who might have picked up on Izana's sudden mood shift. "Before we can call it a night, I'd like to show you one last aspect of this wonderful country." He said, Izana looked up at him. Still disinterested, and there was a part of him that wanted to simply say he's been in a carriage for three days and three nights the only thing he would be remotely impressed by would he a comfortable bed and some tea.

But he knew how these things worked, although this man was simply a government official, he could somehow cause a hindrance to the deal Izana had prepared for the king of this land. And just by the older man's thinning black hair, narrowed greedy black eyes and a sinister, confident smile he realized that his previous deduction wasn't too far off its mark. So with a heavy heart he forced a smile on his lips, "oh really? I'm quite excited." He reached for his wine glass, forcing down an eyeroll when the man gushed at how kind he was.

Kind wasn't something Izana would use to describe himself, and he assumed the ambassador would come to find out as his stay in this country progresses. But, since he hadn't yet, the blonde assumed he could have some fun while he's at it.

Of course he didn't want to be the one to come on this trip. His younger brother was much better at dealing with these mindless morons than Izana could ever dream to be. But while Zen was so much more approachable, he was so unpredictable that it was natural for Izana to not rely on him. Though, now that he's here, he'd never wish this for his younger brother— Zen would be too nice to put this arrogant man in his place, unless he was provoked. Of course, he is Izana's brother, the blonde made sure that his brother grew up with a spine, and while he'd love to watch the soft white head tear this man's pride to pieces, it wouldn't end well.