8. Moving Day

November 5, 1984

It was 4:30, it was a horrible day for all of the losers, their trashmouth was leaving. They didn't want to say goodbye cause they know they'll see each other soon. Bill was the first to step forward and pull everyone into a group hug. But they couldn't stop the tears from coming.

"Remember to call as soon as you get to the Wheeler's, ice your side, change the bandages, take your painkiller at breakfast and dinner, and if you need anything just call one of us. We'll be there for you whenever you need us." Eddie mumbled agreements went around the group.

"I will Ed's." Then they all heard someone clear their throat behind the scrawny teen. They pulled away from each other and turned to see an annoyed social worker, she then crossed her arms.

"I hate to interrupt this but your train is about to leave." Richie slowly nodded. He then brought everyone into a hug again.

"Big Bill I'm going to need you to keep Ms. K satisfied until I come back, Haystack keep the clubhouse intact, Homeschool make sure no one bothers the losers, Urine keep everyone entertained, and Edwardo make sure no one dies from inhaling a cock or some shit like that" Everyone let out a breathy laugh, ignoring the mom and dick joke as they pulled away getting a look at each other.

"Мы любим тебя Чи" (We love you Chee) Eddie shared, the other losers agreeing. Richie grabbed at him and wrapped his arms around the asthmatic boy. However, due to the height difference between the two Richie rested his cheek onto Eddie's head.

"я тоже тебя люблю" (I love you too) Rich mumbled against Eddie's hair. Richie pulled away and looked into the brown eyes of his favorite boy. Feeling his eyes water. Then began backing away. "I love you all. I'll see you losers soon." Everyone said goodbye and Richie began walking towards his social worker.

"Alright looks like your ready. I'll see you again at court and I'll also be calling and checking in. I do hope this works out for you Richie. Anyway, your Aunt will be meeting at the station." He let a small grin come onto his face.

"Thanks, Mrs. M, for everything." She grinned as the boy walked onto the train. He found his seat, he set everything down and looked through the grim, looking at his family that he's leaving. He slowly waved wiping at his eyes, slightly with the other hand. The train began to shift forward, the losers disappearing from view. Richie unzipped his duffle bag grabbing his Walkman and headphones that were on top. Richie looked seeing an envelope flipping it over.

To Our Trashmouth
-The Losers Club

The coulrophobia boy felt a grin coming on the corner of his mouth. He opened it seeing a bunch of pictures of all of him and the losers. He put his headphones over his ears. Yesterday by The Beatles began to flood into his ears.

(play song now)

Richie looked at the pictures that rest in his hands. The first image was of the whole losers at the quarry. The next one of Eddie and Richie dancing around the old record player that belonged to Richie.

Richie admired the way Eddie's curls bounced slightly. When he moved around to the beat. Richie getting lost from focusing on the way the shorter boy swayed his hips. How Eddie would grip onto Richie's forearms and begin to swing the two boys around the room. How Eddie was patient when Richie would trip over his own feet and almost cause the two to fall onto the floor. How after many songs Eddie would flop onto the floor, bringing Richie down with him, while breathing heavily. Richie felt even more saltwater drop onto his cheeks, Richie concluded that this song was the only reason that he was shedding tears.