18. The Lab

December 15, 1984

Richie just got back from meeting Joyce Byers after dropping Will off from the middle school's snowball. However, he was ready to leave again. You see while driving over to the Byers house Richie began to have flashes in his mind. Him knowing something is trying to tell him something.

So the most logical solution was to sneak out of his window and head towards those woods. Hoping no one will notice.

————————

Richie was walking for a bit until he began to see a building surrounded by a rusting fence. He began to walk closer feeling a strange connection towards it. He feels like he's been here before.

The closer he walked to it the more his head became fussy until he felt his eyes fully gloss over.

————————

Richie was consumed by darkness and felt cool, dark, water lapping over his feet. He turned around walking slowly the water splashing quietly underneath the teenager's feet. Seeing about a six-year-old boy with darker brown hair which was shaved, with big glasses on the tip of his nose, sitting at a table.

The boy wore a hospital gown. Wires sitting on top of his head. A soda can sat in front of his body.

"Crush the can number six." A cool, evil voice said. Causing Richie to jump. The person came into view Richie not seeing his face. They were talking towards to boy. The boy shook his head in response.

The person turned their head to the side, nodding their head. Confusion setting into Richie's brain. However, that confusion didn't last long.

As the boy yelled out. Richie clearly hearing the electric shocks going through the boy's body.

The person turned allowing Richie to see their face. "Now number six, are you going to cooperate?" Richie gasped, knowing who he was.

"Papa?" Richie whispered before his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

————————

Richie was confused from the memory realizing the boy was him. Also wondering how he saw that, knowing that didn't have anything to do with the shine. He brought his hand towards his nose, it covered in blood.

He continued towards the building. Knowing he needs more answers. He began to climb the fence. Getting to the other side quickly. Walking in cautiously as if something was about to grab him at any moment. The smell of blood and some sort of rotting filled the teen's nostrils, causing him to gag. Seeing blood and what looked similar to bones.

More memories going into his mind. Him trying to escape the lab when he was seven. Calling out for people, wanting any chance to get out of there. Him remembering what the gate was.

Him remembering when he was eight Papa sent him back to the horror house, that belonged to Wentworth and Maggie Tozier. Because he wasn't good enough so he was replaced with 011.

He tried to remember what happened. Shortly remembering Papa said a Richie would be leaving. Putting something in a needle causing Richie's eyes to be heavy, him waking up in Derry again. Not having any memory of the incident.

Richie began to panic. Realizing he's from this lab. However, the moment was interrupted by red balloons filling the room. Then Richie saw his nightmare.

It standing there mocking him, while holding balloons shaped in an upside-down triangle. His lips curled in a smile showing off the buckteeth of the horrid creature.

"No? We killed you? You aren't supposed to be here. Your not real." The boy screamed. It let out a slight giggle, it waving a hand at Richie. The boy spriting again.

"Get back here. Come back and play with the clown." Richie heard It shout.

—————–——

Shortly after Richie left Karen found that he was gone sending Mike and Nancy to go and search for their cousin. However, at the moment, they sat in front of Eleven who wore a blindfold so she may search for Richie. Which took a lot of encouragement from Mike.

"Do you see Richie?"

"Yes"

"Where is he?"

"In the woods." Eleven answered, questionably.

"What's he doing?"

"Running?" El let out a gasp ripping her blindfold off.

"What happened?" Mike asked concern radiating off of his body.

"I don't know. He was running then red balloons began to float in the air. Then something said 'you'll float too'. Do you guys know what that means?"

But before Mike or Nancy could respond there was banging on the door.  "Come on fucking open the door. I know you're in there you little shits. I can see you fucking light on!"

"Holy shit, that's Richie." Nancy rushed towards the door and opened it. However, she was almost knocked over by Richie running inside and slamming the door quickly then grabbing a fire poker.

Nancy began to say Richie's name before he interrupted her. 

"Shut the fuck up Nancy." After a few minutes, Richie's body became less tense.

"What the hell Richie." Richie ignored her as he ran towards the phone that sat on the wall.

The phone rang a few times before Stanley answered. Richie quickly began to answer m, out of breath. "Look Stan I can't talk long. Something happened and you can't tell the others. Pennywise is back." Richie heard Stan's breathing became uneven and then the line quickly went dead.

Not knowing what was happening Richie quickly called Eddie.

"Hello?"

"Look Eddie I can't talk long and I can't say much. But I need to check in on Stanley somethings wrong."

"Okay, are you alright Chee?"

"I'm fine just please go check on Stan. I sense something is wrong."

"Okay, okay I will. Don't worry Chee, everything is probably fine.

Oh how much Edward was wrong.

————————

Author's note

I want pizza right now.

Also sorry this is posted late. 🐸