37. His Angel Eyes

March 1, 1985

Previously

"Do you think that you would ever marry me?"

————————

Eddie sits up his eyes wide and his pupils dilated.

"What do you mean?" Richie sits up too grabbing onto Eddie's hand.

"It just, do you ever imagine us getting married?" Eddie turns towards Richie and then looks at his wrist fiddling with his bracelet.

"I mean I never actually put much thought into it. It's not like it's legal anyway. But I suppose in the future one day probably when we are a lot older yeah I can see it." Eddie looks up towards Richie smiling at him kissing and Richie's cheek. "What do you see in our future Richie?" Eddie lays back down onto the bed as Richie turns on the radio that was on his nightstand.

(play song now)

The beginning of Angels Eyes by ABBA playing making Richie smile and look down and his and Eddie's laced fingers. He looks at both of their wrists. He and Eddie still wearing the matching red and blue bracelets.

He lays back onto the pillow laying his arm behind his head staring at the ceiling a small smile on his face. Eddie waiting for his answer.

Richie lays there thinking about his answer. Sure he's thought about his and Eddie's future but he's never been asked to explain what he's been imagining for their future together.

Actually, it's something that Richie thinks about a lot. Something that he constantly thinks about. The only people he's actually told what he imagined for his future were Robin and Nancy.

Robin is understandable for Richie to have told her what he wanted in his life but not so much for Nancy. However, ever since It and being outed by the clown the two cousins have grown a lot closer.

They started to tell each other secrets that either nobody knew about them or secrets they hardly ever tell. That's actually how Richie had found out about when Steve and Nancy dated.

It was obvious to Richie that Steve was in love with Nancy well at least he once was. But he never would have thought they dated two years ago. He also didn't expect that Nancy had ended up sleeping with him. (which of course made Richie gag when Nancy told him)

"I imagine us living in New York or California the losers live near us, we're married, I'm a comedian, I see you as a pediatrician may be, at least a doctor for sure. We adopted one or two kids, and we have a dog. Maybe even have a cat." Richie smiles as he continues to look up at the ceiling.

He lets out a breath and turns his head towards Eddie flashing him a smile.

"What do you think of that future?" Richie asks Eddie hoping for a good answer.

Eddie looks into Richie's dark brown eyes Eddie would say that he had angel eyes, Eddie starts admiring the face of his loudmouth boyfriend. He notices when Richie smiles it makes his nose scrunch up slightly and makes some of the light and pale scars on his face from the years in Derry stand out. Especially the small scar he had on his pinkish lip from last year just before he came down to Hawkins.