48. In Hawkins Again

July 1, 1985

Dustin and Steve hide behind a bush, Dustin looking for any sign of possible Russians in the mall. Suddenly Dustin spots a man with long blonde hair, holding a blue duffle bag.

"Blonde acquired!" Dustin says.

"Wait, what where?" Steve questions.

"Ten o'clock by Sam's goodies." Steve grabs at the binoculars from Dustin's hand pulling them towards his eyes.

"Shit, duffle bag!" Steve says as he follows the man with the binoculars.

Steve and Dustin turn towards each other quickly. "Evil Russian!" They both say together.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Steve and Dustin whip their heads around immediately. They turn and see Eddie, relief washing over them as they realized it was just their friend.

"No time to explain, just know it's an evil Russian." Dustin says just as he quickly stands up grabbing onto both Steve and Eddie. The two of them start sprinting after Dustin.

They continue to follow the supposed Russian up the escalator. Pushing their way through all of the many people on it. The three of them slow down their pace into more of a speed walk.

"Come on slow down Steve!" Dustin whispers, but fairly loudly.

"Shut up, we're losing him!"

"Steve, we're getting too fucking close!" Eddie whisper yells. Steve ignores Dustin and Eddie until someone runs into Steve's shoulder.

"What the hell man!" He yells towards Steve. The three of them notice the 'russian' stops walking and looks over his shoulder slightly.

The three boys walk away from each other and a few objects while Dustin acts like he's talking into the phone.

"Uh, hello, uh, yes, I am totally fine how are you?" He says just as the man looks around clearly knowing something was off. The man, however, looks towards again. Steve hits Dustin's shoulder and the three boys start to follow the man yet again.

The three of them hide behind a pillar allowing only their heads to be seen. "So, you guys are absolutely a hundred percent sure this guy is an evil Russian?" Eddie asks as the man enters into the store Jazzercise.

Dustin and Steve look bewildered as the man starts to talk towards the many ladies in the gym. Instead of pulling what they thought to be bad in the duffle bag, he ends up bringing out a radio. And takes off his jacket Revealing him wearing a pink tank top. He starts to thrusts his hips into a circle the ladies matching him.

The three of them stare at the scene in front of them clearly horrified.

The three boys walk back towards Scoop's Ahoy as Robin runs out the door towards them.

"Oh my god, Robin, you're not going to fucking believe who Eddie and Dustin thought was a Russian!"

"You did too!" Dustin protests, but Steve backs that down trying to deny that. But Robin ignores them and runs right past them. The three of them stare at Robin confused.

Robin sprints down towards the middle of the mall. And jumps onto the ledge of a ton of plants. She begins to look around repeating the code to herself. "A trip to China sounds nice, a trip to China sounds nice." She whispers to herself. She looks around until her eyes land on the Chinese restaurant. "A trip to China sounds nice!"