3. Is This The Final Hit?

November 1, 1984

Richie didn't leave the Uris' house until Stan promised that he wouldn't come with him to his place. The reason for this is because Richie lied, his parents were home. And he would be so fucking screwed if Wentworth was sober. Yes, he hasn't even been gone for 24 hours but Richie was sure his father was still mad at him. Even if he didn't do anything.

Richie began seeing his house number coming into sight. His heart began to pound inside his chest creating a jagged rhythm until it got to be the only thing he seemed to be able to hear. He prayed to whoever was out there that Wentworth was drunk or not home. He came to a halt in front of his parent's driveway.

His palms became clammy and his breath began to quicken. His anxiety spiking. His shaky legs brought him to his front door and grabbed the door handle opening it as if It was about to jump out and scare him. He quietly walked into the house hoping he was alone. He looked into the living room noticing Maggie passed out on the couch some beer bottles scattered around her.

He began to tiptoe up the stairs to get to his room. He was only 3 steps up when he was grabbed by the collar and thrown into the wall knocking a picture down causing the glass to spread all over Richie's face. Richie yelped loudly not expecting the sudden action.

"Look who finally decided to show up, you worthless piece of shit." Wentworth screams as he throws his fist into the boy's nose. Blood immediately rushing out of Richie's nostrils. "Where the hell have you been?" He said as he punched his child's face yet again.

"I was just at my friend's." Richie tried to explain, beginning to shield his face with his forearms.

"Stop lying you fucking f@g!" He screams as he throws his fist into Richie's ribs. Richie closed his eyes tightly hearing his father call him that again. Thinking back when his father found out about Connor.

Richie was now holding back tears. A few began to spill over onto his cheeks causing his cuts to sting. Richie was trying to form a plan to get out of this hell hole. Ignoring the hits and insults thrown at him Richie was forming a plan, while Wentworth was about to throw his fist Richie got enough strength ignoring the pain shooting through his side and brought his knee right where it would hurt.

Wentworth doubled over in pain causing enough time for Richie to run. Richie ran as fast as he could to the door he was only halfway down the hall when he was yanked by his hair and thrown to the ground hearing a loud thud behind him, seeing that his father tripped over the rug. He yelped but didn't have enough time to worry about injuries.

He quickly got to his feet and ran out the door. He sprinted down the road trying to get back to Stanley's. Get back to Stan's, come on just get back to Stan's. Completely forgetting he had a bike and skateboard on his front lawn. The scrawny teen's breath began to turn into heavy gasps and the pain from his ribs was starting to slow him down. Fuck!

Richie turned his head seeing Wentworth was right behind him. Richie started to go faster, somewhat slipping on the newly wet grass of one of the neighbor's yards. He began to lose his balance and with him being so clumsy he fell right on his face. He groaned feeling something on his lower lip. He swiped the tip of his tongue on his bottom lip, immediately testing that know metallic taste.

Wentworth was now towering over him. He began to kick him in the side and his arms. Richie started to feel something wet and slippery on his side. He placed his hand to his side bringing it back and discovering it stained crimson. Richie then felt a hit on his spine.

This forced his face onto the ground, causing his glasses to crunch from the impact and shatter, sending more glass onto his face. The front of his forehead scraping the start of the sidewalk. He then heard a gasp and no longer felt any kicks being thrown at him. He began to crawl away and turned his head to see Wentworth being tackled to the ground by The Donald Uris! He pushed up into a sitting position, howling in pain as he did so, and then scooted towards the neighbor's front steps.

Mr. Uris threw a final punch into his father's face knocking him out cold. Richie's vision began to blur but was able to see Mr. Uris and Stan rush over towards him.

"Richie! Are you alright? Rich talk to me!" Stan shouted, Richie seemed dazed, you could almost say a drunken state. However, Richie felt his head become fuzzy blood pounding in his head. He looked up at an extremely worried father and son. But before he could respond his eyes grew heavy, then everything went black.

————————

Author's note

Hello, my flowerboys! How are you losers today? How do you guys feel about this chapter? Anyway, I'll see you my flowerboys on Friday!