6. The Truth

November 2, 1984

The Uris' walked out of the sterile room ready to wake up the losers. However, anxiety was coursing throughout Richie's body but after dealing with it for years he's learned to not let it show. The losers began to flood into the room like a pack of dogs. All ignoring the nurses shouts, of only two at a time. The Uris' shot the teen a small smile as they shut the door softly, allowing the group privacy.

"Holy shit! You look like hell!" Eddie shouted.

"Why thank you Ed's but, you know you like my sexiness." Richie experienced while caressing his face slightly. Eddie blushed, unfortunately, Richie didn't catch it but, Stan did. Letting a smirk come onto his face.

"Don't call me Ed's! You know how much I hate it." Eddie defensively said, even though he loved it when Richie called him Ed's.

"Whatever you say Spagedward." Eddie let out a loud groan, even though he was extremely happy his 'best friend' was back to his old self. Soon everyone began to pile onto the hospital bed. Eddie laying on Richie's right side, Stan on the left. Both Bill and Mike were on the end of the bed and Ben just sat on the chair. Richie let out a sigh and then began to shift around. He let out a low hiss from the sudden jolt of pain.

"You okay Chee?" Eddie asked, letting his brown eyes sparkle.

"Of course, I just got to get ready for what Ms. K is going to be doing to me in bed tonight." Richie said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"God Rich, can't you take anything seriously?" Stan agitatedly questioned. Richie and Mike let out a low laugh. However, Richie's face went back to serious quickly.

"Well, I suppose you guys deserve the truth and I kind of want you to find out now instead of finding out through court." Everyone had a look of bewilderment on their face but didn't interrupt him. "Well, probably when I was about god I can't even remember when it started but, my dad's been abusing me I guess since I could remember." Richie heard Eddie let out a heavy breath through his nose. Richie then began to feel his eyes water slightly thinking about the memory from two days ago.

"But two days ago, my m-mom did something and I don't really want to talk about right now." Richie said tight-lipped only looking down at his lap. No one was responding to him. Until Stanley rested a hand slowly on his shoulder, making sure Richie knows he won't hurt him.

"Chee it's okay. You don't need to share." Stan murmured, letting a small grin spread on his face.

"Thanks, Urine. Well anyway, I guess I should also say that I'm going to be staying with my family who lives in Hawkins." Everyone's faces fell then began to protest Richie not even catching a word they're saying.

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down amigos, you didn't let me finish. So I'm going to be staying here for another three days with the Uris', then I'll be going down to Hawkins where my Aunt and Uncle and cousins live. Then in a month, I'll be coming back down here for court. Cause I'll need to determine whether or not I'm staying with my parents or moving to Indiana."

"Your serious?" Ben asked. Richie slowly nodded his head weakly. "What more evidence do they need, that your dad was hurting you. Mr, Uris, and Stan saw him hitting you." Ben cried out.

"I'm not sure Benny boy. My social worker was the one who said that it's her protocol and it's the law." Bill rocked his head back and forth slowly. He then shifted his body and wrapped his arms around Richie's lanky body. The other losers following closely behind. Making sure not to hurt Richie in the process. They then pulled away all of their eyes becoming glossy (even Stan's).

"A part of me is h-h-happy that you'll b-be safe for a while but, wauh-wauh- what happens if yuah-yuah-your parents win?" Bill said stuttering a little more than usual.

"I'm not sure Big Bill."

"Well, we'll just need to hope for the best." Eddie squeaked out. Agreements began going around the room and tears that started to form, fell from their eyes. They all began to pull each other into a group hug again.

"What should we do before you leave?" Mike asked soothingly like always.

"Well, obviously I get to feast on Stanley's kosher food. I guess hang out. But of course, I don't think I will be able to, cause I got to satisfy Ms. K before leaving." Everyone began to groan.

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Eddie questioned. Trying to hold back a smile. Eddks didn't want to show that he was happy. He was happy Richie was safe and joking again.

"I'm going to ask my parents when you're going to be discharged." Stan explained as he got up from the crowded bed.

————————

Author's note

Hello, my flowerboys! How are you guys doing? I hope y'all are doing good. I also want to apologize for not posting last Friday. I completely forgot about it. I feel really bad and I promise that that won't happen again. Anyway, losers I hope you like this chapter. I'll see you on Friday my flowerboys!