16. The Trial (part 1)

December 5, 1984

Richie was looking desperately around Derry's train station for any sight of the losers. He thought he saw Ben but then he felt a pull at his pant leg. He looked down at Holly making grabby hands at him. He sighed as he grabbed her balancing her on his hip.

"Do you see your friends anywhere Richie?" Karen asked as she set her bag down. He shook his head but then he heard the voice of his best friend.

"Please knowing Rich he's probably late cause he's trying to flirt with some old fucking lady." Stanley said to Bill. Richie felt his mouth widen. He quickly set Holly down and began to sprint over to them.

"STANLEY! BILL!" Richie yelled to them, heads whipped around quickly.

"Richie don't rip your stitches" Karen shouted towards her nephew. But Richie didn't care all he worried about at the moment was to get to the losers.

Richie ran straight into Bill and wrapped his arms around him. He quickly pulled away from Bill with a mischievous smile on his face as he crept up to Stanley.

"If you fucking touch me I won't hesitate to strangle you again." Richie squinted his eyes.

"Now isn't that the one and only trash mouth?" The teenage boy's eyes widen as he was met with fiery red hair.

"You know it Bevvy." He smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Where's Homeschool and Haystack? Ed's?"

Richie heard a groan behind him. "Don't fucking call me Ed's Chee." The group laughed, as they all pulled into a group hug. Ben and Mike (H) joining in closely behind.

————————

December 6, 1984

"Do you have it Went?" Maggie asked her husband as they were ready to head out the door. He nodded as Wentworth grabbed it from the back of his pants showing it towards his wife. She smiled evilly. "We will win this fucking trial, Wentworth. That fairy fucking deserves this." Maggie explained her thoughts about her son towards her husband.

As the two almost (not really) happily married couple walked out the door towards their old beat-up car.

————————

Richie was extremely nervous today. He slightly shook his hands trying to get rid of some of the nerves.

"Richie, you ready to go?" Karen yelled. He answered quickly running out of the hotel room. He was about to jump in the Uris's car since they were taking them to the courthouse and they also were testifying. But his Aunt stopped him. "Your tie is all messed up." She began to undo his tie and fix it. Her eyes softened as she saw his eye filled with worry. "Hey don't worry, everything will be okay. No matter what."

He nodded as Richie, Karen, and Ted and his cousins got into the Uris's car.

————————

Richie sat nervously while the courthouse waited for his parent's lawyer to show up. Some of the tension was however was gone knowing the losers and his Aunt and Nancy were here for him.

Everything was silent as everyone waited. But then all heads turned as the heavy wooden doors opened revealing Wentworth and Maggie's lawyer. The click of his shoes echoed loudly as he reached his seat.