44. I Dump Your Ass

June 30, 1985

"Hello, are you Mrs. Driscoll?" Nancy asked towards the old woman who was sticking her head out of her door. The woman nods answering with a yes. "Well, I'm Nancy Wheeler we spoke on the phone yesterday."

"Yeah, we're from the Hawkins post." Jonathan said holding his camera in his hands.

"Oh, yes, yes. Wow, you two look far too young to be working for the post."

"Oh yeah, we get that a lot." Jonathan says while nodding. Nancy nods as well smiling slightly. The three start walking through Mrs. Driscoll's house.

"So Mrs. Driscoll do you live alone?" Nancy asks.

"Yes, I do. My husband Jack passed away oh what about ten years ago."

"I'm very sorry."

"Oh, please dear, don't be I actually quite like the quiet. Well, at least I use to." She then opens the door of her basement, beginning to walk down the stairs. "Well, this way." Jonathan and Nancy both start walking down the stairs following her. "Alright, then it's right over there." Mrs. Driscoll says pointing.

Nancy begins walking towards the fertilizer, with Jonathan behind her. She begins examining the bag seeing the many holes on the bags.

"Ya see the little teeth marks don't ya?"

"And you're sure these bags were full before?"

"Honey, I may be old but I'm sure. I had gotten them full. I got them just last Tuesday. Now you tell me why would rats want to eat fertilizer."

"Well, are you sure they didn't just naw through the bag? I mean eating fertilizer seem-"

"Crazy I know honey but it's just there's something not right with these rats."

"What does that exactly mean?" Nancy asks as she gets up from the ground.

"Rabies I guess. That's what I told myself Doris you better call the paper because the people got to know if it's running around town. I mean wouldn't you want to know?" Before either Nancy or Jonathan can reply to her there's a loud bang. "Oh, I forgot to mention. Come on over here." She begins walking where the bang came from. "I had caught one of the little bastards." She says showing them a covered cage.

Jonathan and Nancy both look at the cage with wide eyes. Just as the cage starts to jerk around. Mrs. Driscoll removes the cloth revealing a rather large and crazed rat. Mrs. Driscoll nods towards them and starts to walk back upstairs.

Jonathan immediately grabs his camera starting to take pictures of it. Which only causes it to jump around the cage more, trying to escape.

"God I'm going to have to keep fucking doing this until you stop moving you little shit."

Nancy just sighs and goes upstairs to use the telephone to see if anyone else had seen or heard about the rabid rats.

As Jonathan snaps the last picture he turns to take out the film. The rat continues to jump around. However, it stops making Jonathan turn back, extremely confused. He then sees the rest laying at the bottom of the cage twitching.

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें