52. Recurring Anger

July 2, 1985

Steve, Robin, Eddie, and Erica all screamed at the top of their lungs, as the elevator moved down, fast. Erica clamped her hands tightly around her ears as Dustin screams directly into her face.

"WE'RE GOING DOWN! WE'RE GOING FUCKING DOWN." Steve screamed as he gripped tightly onto one of the cardboard boxes. His knuckles slightly turned white.

"YEAH NO SHIT HARRINGTON!" Robin yelled, she also had a hard grip on the shelf behind her. Eddie's screams began to match Dustin's, both high pitch and loud. Dustin continued to scream as he made his way to the control panel.

However, out of the group, Eddie was probably freaking out the most. He was clamping himself onto the table. But it was clear nobody wasn't handling this situation well.

Dustin began to slam his palm onto the panel, hoping anything he did would cause a stop. "WHY WON'T THIS FUCKING BUTTON WORK!" Dustin screeched through clenched teeth.

Erica ran towards him, pushing him out of the way, pressing the button continuously. "PUSH THE FUCKING BUTTON!" Eddie screamed towards the two of them. His eyes were shut tightly, trying his best to imagine something anything, but this.

Think of Richie, Richie, the love of my life. Eddie's mind screamed towards him. In and out, in and out. That's what Richie would want me to do.

Just breathe, Eddie. Please breathe, for me. Richie's voice rang throughout his head. Eddie nodded to himself, beginning to breathe in and out of his mouth. His heart racing, his ears ringing. Good, you're doing amazing, I'm so proud of you, my love. Keep breathing, I promise you'll get out of this soon. Eddie slowly started to calm down, as his mind raced with Richie's voice.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING!" Dustin screamed towards the teenager, he begins to slap at it, not even caring what button he was pushing anymore.

"DON'T THINK, JUST PUSH THE FUCKING BUTTON!" Steve screams at Dustin.

"YEAH, PUSH IT HARDER!" Erica presses the button again. Suddenly, the elevator, shifts slightly, then the room comes to a sudden halt. Many of the boxes began to fall to the ground, along with Dustin, Erica, and Robin. One of the boxes knocks Steve towards the ground, causing him to let out a groan.

"Oh god, it fell on my groin, it fell on my groin. Dustin, get this shit off of me!" Steve says as he tries to attempt to get a fallen box off of him. Dustin makes his way up off the ground and gets the box off of Steve. He lets out a sigh of relief as the box gets off of him.

"Is uh, is everyone alright?" Robin asks as she holds the back of her head, clearly shocked and shaken up. Eddie remains in the ground, holding on to the table, he slowly lets out a shaky breath. He opens his eyes and looks around the room, making sure he wasn't imagining the stop.

"Thank you Chee!" Eddie whispers to himself. If he hadn't thought about Richie, he knew he would still be a screaming mess.

"YEAH, I FEEL GREAT NOW THAT I KNOW RUSSIANS CAN'T DESIGN ELEVATORS!" Steve screams as he walks to the control panel, slamming his hand onto it.

"Okay, I think we've figured out that those buttons don't work, Steve." Robin says as she helps Eddie off of the ground.

"Their buttons, they have to do something!"