7. Packing is Hard

November 2, 1984

Richie let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, as Stanley left the hospital room.

"You alright Chee?" Eddie asked, concern radiating off of his body.

"Just fine Eddie Spaghetti-" Richie let out a loud gasp realizing what day it was. "Fuck! Oh my god. Happy seventeenth birthday Eddie! I fucking can't believe this had to happen today." Richie vented.

Eddie let out a small laugh. "First off thanks. But god you're really worried about my birthday right now. Your in the fucking hospital for crying out loud."

"I don't care, it's your birthday we're supposed to celebrate. Not be in the fucking hospital. It's supposed to be your day."

Eddie grabbed Richie's face making their eyes leveled with each other. "Chee the only thing that I want to celebrate is that you're safe. That's the best birthday that I could have." Blood immediately rushed to Richie's cheeks, hearing the boy's words. The world around them seems to fade away. It was just the two teens. Eddie getting lost in his best friend's eyes, not realizing he was leaning in slightly. His eyes moving towards Richie's lips. It wasn't until someone cleared their throat, that the boys jumped back into reality.

Stan stood by the bed, as the others watched the two boys blush profusely "You guys done with your flirting?" Stanley asked, causing their faces to become an even darker shade of red. "Anyway, you can leave later today." The curly hair boy explained, as his friends continued to blush.

————————

November 4, 1984

It's the day before Richie leaves for Indiana. And he was on the way to his parent's house with the rest of the losers, to pick up some of his things. He had some anxiety thinking that his parents were home. But Mrs. Martinez assured him that they won't be there. Since their not allowed to be near him until the trial.

Richie let out a slow breath as he looked out of the passenger seat window. Mike was in the driver's seat. Richie went on a full rant saying it's stupid how he can't drive for a month. They slowed down as they pulled into the driveway of one his least favorite place.

Everyone began to unbuckle and Stan grabbed two boxes and a duffle bag from the back. Slowly Richie moved out of the car. He walked cautiously to the front door grabbing the key from his coat pocket. The door creaked open the teen not being ready for the smell of alcohol and vomit.

"Sorry about the smell." Richie apologized Ben clapped him on the back.

"Richie it's fine." He explained ecstatically. They all begin walking up the stairs ignoring the blood splatters. Eddie opening the rustic entrance to Richie's room. Mike lets out a heavy breath through his nose.

"Well, at least you'll be easy to move." All of the losers agreed and Stan began to hand out the boxes to Mike and Eddie and the duffle bag to Richie.

"So how much did Mrs. M tell you to pack?" Eddie asked.

"She said not a lot in case I don't win but considering I don't have a lot I say just pack everything. Besides my record player." Everyone nodded and got to work.

————————

They all let out a laugh as they finally finish packing. Overall Richie's stuff didn't even fill the duffle bag halfway. Richie grabbed at Eddie's wrist to see the time. Seeing it took almost two hours to pack. He laughs seeing that it probably would have only taken like thirty minutes but they were messing around most of the time. They begin to walk downstairs going to the car. Since it's Richie's last night the losers are going to have a sleepover at Bill's. Richie was overjoyed he had the night to be with his friends. But he was still upset he wouldn't be able to see Beverly before he left. He and the losers were happy Beverly no longer lived with her father but it sucked they couldn't see her as often, much like tonight, the night Richie really needed to have with all the losers.

————————

"You've got to be kidding right?" Mike shouted at Karen.

"I'm sorry Mike but Richie needs his own space. It's not like your just sleeping on the couch. You'll be in the basement. It's not like you don't live in there already. Plus you should be happy you get the basement. Two beds, a bathroom, the space is huge." Karen said while cooking some rice for dinner.

"So after dinner, I want you to take your things and put them in the basement. Then tomorrow we'll all clean up the house, Richie will be here around ten-thirty at night. Then the next day I want you to invite your friends over for dinner. I want Richie to get to know some people." Karen finished then yelled for Nancy to set the table.

Mike just went straight to his chair at the table ignoring Nancy's slight glare. The Wheelers all ate in silence that night. Mike continued to have his jaw clenched.

————————

All of the Wheelers got up from the table. Mike was about to grab his plate and put it in the sink and do the other dishes but Karen stopped him.

"I'll do the dishes tonight Mike. I want you to start moving your things into the basement." Karen explained. Mike threw his dish back onto the table and glared at Karen. He started walking upstairs mumbling curses under his breath slightly.

————————

Authors note

Hello, my flowerboys! Sorry losers but I feel like this isn't a good chapter. But I'll try and make sure the next chapter is better. I hope you at least found some of this enjoyable. I love you my flowerboys see you Tuesday!