57. It Got Richie

July 4, 1985

Richie sat on the couch quietly as he gripped his knees tightly. His heart jumped rapidly inside his chest. He was still shaking slightly as Nancy cleaned the blood from his face. He closed his eyes tightly together, trying to calm down.

"Do you think you can tell us something else, Richie?" Mike asked suddenly, which causes Nancy to throw a glare at him. She looked at her cousin reluctantly. She knew it wasn't a good idea for him to look for Billy.

Richie slowly opened his eyes, Nancy knew he was trying to hold back tears. "Billy, he had said he was building something. That this was all for Eleven and me." Eleven flinches slightly, she felt nervous. She couldn't understand it. She didn't know why she was feeling like this. She didn't know what was happening to her.

"He must be talking about the flayed. He's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas explains as he paces around the room.

"But, he isn't using this army to spread."

"He's building it so he can stop Richie and Eleven." Will says. Richie lets out a shaky breath, he has on his lip, picking at his fingers.

"Last year, El had closed the gate. I'm just assuming that probably really pissed him off. And then he must have seen Richie too. The Mind Flayer now knows that they're the only thing that could stop him. And, if they're out of the way-"

Lucas cuts Mike off before he could finish. "It's game over."

"Uh, he also said he's going to kill all of you. And, everyone else." Richie mumbles, trying not to scare everyone, but he fails as everyone stares at him in horror. Nancy jumps suddenly as she hears something from outside. She gets up from the couch and walks slowly towards the window. She could hear screeching?

"Do any of you hear that?"

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan attempts to reassure her.

"Billy, when he told you all of this, it was here, right, Richie?" Richie slowly nods. Mike and Richie look up as they begin to hear thunder. Mike looks down again, but his heart begins to beat slightly faster as he looks at Will, his hand was flying toward the back of his neck.

He's here

"He knows that we're here." He whispers. Everyone in the room immediately jump up and ran outside. They all gasp as the Mind Flayer stood out in the forest, slightly covered by the trees. Nancy backs away slightly, she ushers everyone inside as she runs to Hopper's shed, she grabs onto the gun as Jonathan grabs an axe.

The party and Richie begin grabbing onto pieces of furniture to block the windows. Nancy and Jonathan run inside, picking up the couch, placing it up against the front door.

"Hey come on, get away from the windows." She says to her brother as she tightens her grip on the gun. Richie stands beside her, his hands balled into fists. Everyone was shaking with anxiety. Jonathan held the axe close to his chest, he slightly gasps for air.

They looked around the room, there was a loud rumble outside. Max shutters as the dishes begin to rattle. The lights were going in and out, branches were snapping from outside. They all jump as glasses began to fall to the ground, shattering. But, it all suddenly stops, making everyone look around worriedly.