13. Meeting Birdy

November 13, 1984

All of the student's heads turned to the door as Richie Tozier barged through the classroom.

"Jesus christ this school really should have a guide. Is this Miss. Click's class?" He asked breathing heavily.

"Yes, and you're my new student I'm assuming?" Miss. Click asked.

"You would be correct. Richie Tozier's the name and doing voices is my game." Richie shared doing finger guns. "Pleasure to meet ya." He said in a britsh accent.

Miss. Click scrunched her eyebrows in confusion from her new student. "Alright, " She began to look around the room, looking for an empty seat. "here you can sit by Robin. Robin raise your hand please." A girl with shoulder-length dirty blonde hair raised her hand slightly, she sat behind a guy with hair that was most definitely overdone with hairspray.

Richie walked towards her seat. Sitting down at the desk to her right. He held his hand out towards her.

"Richie Tozier." She looked at his hand reluctantly but began to grasp it.

"Robin Buckley." She began to shake his hand.

Richie began to take in the sight of her, automatically knowing she was a closeted gay. She wore dark denim jeans, which were cuffed and had rips on the knees. Which looked to be made by Robin herself. Her top though gave it the most away. It was a salmon pink shirt with crazy color rectangles, which was tucked. Richie already knew if their friendship grows he will be borrowing that shirt. She also wore white high tops.

Richie laughs silently in his head, knowing he also didn't look so straight himself.

Robin began to take Richie's appearance in. He was wearing black ripped jeans, cuffed of course. With a David Bowie shirt, with a lime green hawaiian shirt with crazy loud color shapes. And a jean jacket, with blue slip-on vans. His face however was littered in bruises, and he wore glasses with extremely thick lenses. Projecting his brown eyes.

"What happened to your face?" Robin asked, both of the teenagers ignoring the history lesson. Richie's eyes widened slightly.

"It doesn't matter, it's nothing." Richie explained to her, looking back to the front of the classroom. Robin nodded her head, getting the idea Richie didn't want to talk about it.

————————

It was finally lunchtime, Richie was walking down the hall. He grabbed a mixtape out of his pocket. He was about to put his headphones on when Robin ran up to him.

"Hey, Richie some of my bandmates wanted to know if you want to sit with us?" She then saw the mixtape that Richie was grasping in his hand. So naturally, she grabbed it from him. "'For Eddie My Love'" She read out loud. Richie's eyes were filled with terror. "Rich, are you ga-" She was cut off by Richie clamping his hand over her mouth and shoving her into the closest room. Which just happened to be the janitor's closet.

Richie slowly took his hand off her mouth, Robin could tell he was shaking.

"Richie, look I don't care, I'll support you." Richie let out a shaky breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"Fuck, I haven't even known you for a day, and I'm about to tell you this. Yes, I'm gay okay. I'm just your average fucking shitty gay."

"God, guess I'll tell you this to make you feel better. I'm gay too." Richie looked at her, not being surprised at all.

"I fucking called it. You're so obvious."

Robin's jaw dropped. "I am not! You fucking dingus!"

"Wow, birdy over here gets off on a good one. I'm wounded." Richie expresses putting his hands over his heart.

"Oh fuck of Richie." She said while slapping his shoulder. They both start giggling.

"We probably should get out of here before people start thinking we're banging in here. Don't want people thinking we're hetro's." Richie said. Robin nodded their heads. Richie was about to open the door but he turned back towards Robin.

"Do you want to come over to my place after school? It's stupid but I already feel really close to you. More close than my fucking cousins."

"Sure, and it's not stupid I mean we already know each other's dirty secret." She began to laugh, Richie joining shortly after.

They opened the door to be met with none other than Nancy Wheeler. Her face shocked seeing her cousin coming out of a janitor's closet with a girl.

"Why 'ello Nancy Drew!" Richie said, then grabbed Robin's hand and started running towards the cafeteria, both of them laughing.

Nancy was shocked as she walked over towards Jonathan. Who was eating and had his nose in a book. He looked up seeing Nancy sit down.

"What's wrong?" He asked seeing her looking shocked.

"I think Richie just fucking." Nancy took a pause looking around her. "Banged with a girl in the janitor's closest." Nancy whispered to Jonathan. He looked at her for a solid two seconds before he started having a laughing fit.

"You really think that?" Nancy nodded her head. "I highly doubt that. Richie doesn't seem like that kind of person. Especially after what he told us last week."

Nancy thought about Jonathan's words. "Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't assume."

————————

It was finally the end of the day. Robin and Richie were walking to the Wheeler residence.

"So who was the lucky gal?" Richie asked Robin.

"Her name was Tammy Thompson. I mean she doesn't know I exist and has her eyes on this really fucking annoying guy in our history class. God, it makes my blood boil just thinking about it."

"Sounds lovely madam."

She laughed slightly. "So who was the lucky guy?"

"His name is Edward Kaspbrak, Eddie for short. He's my best friend since kindergarten. He's absolutely amazing. He obsesses over germs but I love him."

"Oh my fucking god."

"What?"

"You got it bad."

"Yeah, I guess I do." Richie smiles softly. They both link their arms, Richie deciding once they get to the Wheelers he's telling Robin everything about his parents.

————————

Author's note

Hey, flowerboys I'm back from my break! So I hope you like this chapter if you don't then sorry. Lol, cause I love it. I actually wasn't planning on adding Robin in this book. But I just couldn't. Richie deserves some happiness. Well bye, flowerboys I'll see you on Friday.