38. We Can Be Heroes

A/n

Please read the author note at the end

————————

March 2, 1985

Richie and Eddie sat in the car as the two of them rode in the car to see Robin. This was the first time Robin and Eddie were meeting. So Richie was rather nervous. He was hoping that the two would get along and they won't have any problems.

The two sat quietly they haven't really talked much since last night. Even though they both apologized to each other they still are mad at each other

Richie rode up into the driveway of Robin's house waiting for her to come outside.

Eddie sat fiddling with his bracelet as he watching the front door. It was rather awkward in the car. The two waited for a few minutes until Eddie saw the front door open a girl walking out the door.

Eddie was fascinated by her clothing style. She was wearing high-waisted acid-washed jeans. Along with a white shirt and a black blazer with the sleeves rolled up. She also wore a few chain necklaces and she had her hair in a small but messy bun.

She shut the door and started to walk to the car. Eddie saw her roll her eyes as she got closer towards the car.

As soon as she slides into the back seat of the car she starts to talk to Richie.

"You fucking dick head I've been looking for that shirt for over a month." She says as she slaps his shoulder.

Eddie looked between the two of them surprised. He looked at Richie's shirt and saw he was wearing a salmon pink shirt with crazy color rectangles.

"Okay, it's not my fault birdy. You're the one who decided to leave it out while I was here last." Robin rolls her eyes and turns towards Eddie.

"Sorry about this dingus." She says as she points her finger towards Richie. "Nice to finally meet you, Eddie." She says then she leans forward-leaning to turn on the radio. "So where we headed losers?" Robin asks as she leans back onto her seat.

Richie starts to drive away from Robin's house heading towards their destination.

"The quarry I also brought my radio to. It's back there with you Robin." Richie shifted his eyes towards Eddie. Memories of them at the quarry in Derry coming into his head. The same for Eddie.

Richie gulped and took one of his hands off of the steering wheel and grabbed onto Eddie's hand. Richie smiled as Eddie tightened his grip around Richie's hand.

"Uh, hello asshole I don't have a swimsuit." Robin says sighing heavily. Richie just rolls his eyes.

"You gotta just go in your underwear you'll be fine. Eddie and I did it with the losers all the time in Derry. Besides we're all gay as hell." Robin just scoffs crossing her arms in front of her.

————————

The three of them got out of the car Robin handing the radio off to Richie. Richie grins at Robin and looks back at the quarry. Then he turns back to Robin grabbing onto her hand. Both of them running off towards the water.