64. Crazy Americans

March 23, 1986

"Delivery service, dickwad." Richie said as the door of the shed banged loudly against the wall. Dustin smiled wide as he held up a grocery bag of food for Eddie. "I'll try and see if you left any clothes at my Aunt's tonight." He stated as he watched Eddie's tense shoulders slump back.

"Jesus H. Christ, you scared the shit out of me."

"Calm down, Munson." The younger man with large coke bottle glasses was attempting to have a joking tone. That's what he was best at, trying to lighten the mood. But Eddie wasn't entirely appreciating Richie's attempt of making the situation better.

"Calm down, calm down? You're not exactly wanted for murder, Rich." His tone was much more extreme than he intended, which he immediately felt bad for as he saw Richie slightly flinch for the somewhat rude tone he had. He suddenly felt like a dick. He had known why Richie now lived in Hawkins instead of Derry for a few months now. It didn't change how he viewed Richie, not at all. In fact, one of the only things that changed was he viewed him much stronger than he was giving himself credit

But the one main thing that Eddie changed after he found out was making sure his tone of voice didn't seem extremely rude. He didn't mind though.

Eddie sighed as he sat back inside the boat, he knew his friend was just trying to make him feel better. But he wasn't fully wanting to be in a laughing mood right now.

Richie just nodded towards Eddie, seeing his face was showing off regret. He knew right now wasn't a good time for Eddie, hell it wouldn't be a good time for anyone. Dustin then handed him the bag as everyone found somewhere to sit. Richie sitting the closest to Eddie, offering his support through all of this.

He couldn't even imagine what was going through Eddie's head right now after some of the stuff they explained to him last night.

Richie has been dealing with this kind of stuff his whole life. The lab, his powers, losing his powers, his parents, the clown, Hawkins, losing him.

Every minute of his life, he was dealing with something. He was used to it by now but for Eddie, these things just started happening for him. It was a lot to process.

"Alright, see we got some good news, but we also got some bad news," Dustin explains towards the Hellfire leader for the group as he pulled a stool by Eddie to sit on. "which do you prefer first?"

"Well, uh, bad news first, always." He said with a mouth full of dry cereal before slightly chugging his chocolate milk and looking around at everyone. He knew they were all trying to help him, but he couldn't help but slightly feel like he was on display at a show. Almost like he was the Circus's biggest freak and everyone was scared but still wanted to get at look at him.

"Well, the bad news is," Dustin pauses for a second, trying to make sure he worded everything correctly and wanted to try his best to not scare Eddie any further. "well, we were able to get into the PD dispatch and the police pretty much are convinced you did kill Chrissy."

As the metalhead heard this, Richie could see his hand tightening around his knee, his eyes darkening slightly.

"Alright, what's the good news then?" Sweat was beading along his forehead, his uneven bangs clinging to his forehead. He was growing much more nervous by the second.