Chapter 20

"Would you like a cup of tea?" asked Eun-Chul.

"P-pardon?" Solar said nervously. "Is this a simple offer or has she noticed something fishy? But how could she have? When? At what point?"

"I saw you watching Byul while she drank her tea, and it looked like you wanted some, too," Eun-Chul said with a smirk on her face and Solar just gulp. "Why don't I brew you a cup?"

"N-no unnie, you're mistaken. Pardon me, but I don't want to drink from the same teapot as the mistress."

"All right, then, I'll put the tea set away."

"Thank you for the offer though!" said Solar. Eun-Chul went to leave the tray but before she left, she glared at Solar one more time.

"I made sure the concoction would look and smell just like the tea. Even the mistress, no matter how sensitive, wouldn't have been able to detect anything. I was more careful than ever. Everything went perfectly according to plan," said Solar to herself. "Besides, if Eun-Chul unnie had suspected me of anything, she wouldn't have taken out the tea set. Soon, the servants will come to collect all the dirty dishes, and once the dishes are cleaned, there'll be nothing left to prove my 'crime'," thought Solar while looking at Eun-Chul who was in front of her, and she looked up and smiled at her. "Yes. Eun-Chul unnie was only making a kind offer. If she suspected something, she would've confronted me on the spot."

"You seem to be in a good mood," said Eun-Chul closing the book.

"I-is it obvious? I can't help but feel relieved knowing that the mistress isn't here to pick a fight with me." Eun-Chul bent down and looked at Solar with a smile.

"Well, it's good to see you smile," she said while Solar smile at the compliment. "Why don't we go for a little stroll while Byul's asleep?"

"Where to?" asked Solar but Eun-Chul just took her hand and lead her outside.

"To the secret garden."

They were sitting on the grass in the secret garden, watching the flowers, and feeling the breeze. Solar was trying to resist not to steal the flowers in front of Eun-Chul but did it anyway.

"I'll just take this," she said to herself hiding the flowers in her sleeve. "I never would've come for such a luxurious walk if it weren't for you, unnie," said Solar happily when Eun-Chul lean to her. "I- I'm grateful to you," she said flustered when Eun-Chul grabbed the flower she had on her sleeve.

"I'm afraid I can't let you take this."

"I w-wasn't trying to steal! You know I'd never dare to do such a thing when you're right next to me," said Solar grabbing the flower the Eun-Chul grabbed from her sleeve and a flower from the ground and started to make something. "Ta-da. I just wanted to make this for you. This flower ring is worth more than any golden ring," Solar said putting the flower ring in Eun-Chul finger. "I bet you're the first one to ever receive such a gift." Eun-Chul just smiled and looked at the ring.

"How lovely. Thank you."

"No, unnie thank you," said Solar with a smile. "Whew. That was close."

"Well, I think we should get going now," said Eun-Chul getting up and offering her hand to Solar, and she smiled and pulled her to her. "After you've gotten rid of these," she said taking out all the flowers that Yongsun had in her sleeve. "But I will make sure to give you something in return for your gift," she smiled.

"O- okay."

"Now, come along. We must be back," Eun-Chul said and both left with their hands together.