Chapter 55

"It's getting more confusing by the minute. Things don't quite line up. I'm still missing something. I'll have to look into a few more things the next time I visit the Moon family," said Hwasa.

The people in the garden were talking about how Hwasa took the case to investigate but after she talked to Solar she went to drink. Hwasa was at the hanok drinking with kisaengs by her side when the mistress and aunt enter.

"I hope you are enjoying the meal we have prepared for you," said aunt.

"I am certainly am. It's a feast that I have not even had at the royal place. By the way, where is lady 'Byuli' tonight?" and Eun-Chul who was dressed as the mistress, startled. She got shocked and was cut off by her aunt.

"Byul is standing right here, your highness."

"Ah! There she is. Pardon my manners. I didn't see you there. My glasses are rather dark, you see," said Hwasa laughing.

"We'd like a drink with you for the occasion, your highness. Then we shall leave you to your feast," said aunt and she agrees. The time pass and aunt and headed out and aunt talked to Chul. "Attend to her highness to the best of your ability." The day was coming to an end and Hwasa was still inside drinking with one of the kisaengs.

"Let me wipe the wine off you, my lady," said the kisaeng.

"I cannot imagine heaven to be a better place than this," said Hwasa.

"To me, being in your presence is better than heaven itself, your highness."

"Even better than anywhere in the Moon family quarters?"

"Of course, your highness. Aside from the areas that are off-limits for kisaengs such as myself."

"Wherever that may be, I shall take you there," said Hwasa.

Night has come and Byul was at her quarters looking at the moon.

"How brightly the moon shines. I wonder if Solar sees it, too," said Byul to herself when she heard someone outside. She put the mask on and headed outside and found two women in the corner. <<Are they insane? How dare they make love in public, and in a restricted area, of all places.>> "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING THERE?! This area is off-limits," said Byul and notice that it was Hwasa with a kisaeng.

"Whoops, we've been caught out," said Hwasa.

<<What is lady Hwasa doing here? She's supposed to be searching.>> "What are you doing here, your highness?"

"There is a certain kind of thrill in taking the amusement outside," said Hwasa, and Byul notices she was drunk. "Isn't that right? Oh, she's runoff. Haha, she sure is quick on her feet," she said and fell on the ground. "Huh? Why is the ground moving? How strange. How is it possible that there's someone still standing? Will you help me up?" said Hwasa and Byul roll her eyes.

"Here, take my hand."

"Haha, thanks. Hm? Someone's over there. It's Solar!" said Hwasa and Byul turn to see no one. 

<She must be drunk and seeing things.>> said Byul when Hwasa pull her and kiss her.

"Found you," said Hwasa, and Byul was shocked. "A flower maiden," she said trying to take off the mask but Byul slapped her hand.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! HOW DARE YOU RUB YOUR LIPS AGAINST MINE?!" <<My mask!!>> and the mask fell.

"It's been a while. Byul."

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Carrying out my duties as the head of the search party."

"Did you think that you'd make it out of here alive when you've seen my face?" said Byul.

"That's why I've made my visit public. So they'd know if something happened to me," Hwasa was explaining when Byul grabbed her by the collar.

"First, you'll have to pay for a few things. This one is for the obscenity you've committed on our property," said Byul and punch her. "This one, for daring to rub your lips on me. This one, for daring to remove my mask."

"You can't do this to royalty!! ARGH!" and the guards heard the scream.

"Who's there?!" yelled a guard.

"Sorry. I let my emotions get in the way."

"I'm still royalty, you know. I've never worried about being beaten to death," said Hwasa when Byul grabbed her and put a pill on her mouth.

"There's no time, so I'll make it short. You're going to die in three days. What I gave you, was poison. If you want the antidote, be back here at one o'clock tomorrow. If you tell anyone about my secret before then, you'll die," said Byul putting back on her mask. "If word gets out, I'll kill everyone in this town, even if I give my own life. So watch what you say," she said and left.

"Princess Hyejin?! Are you all right?" asked one guard and Hwasa put her act.

"For god's sake! This wall won't stop provoking me!! Look! It just shoved me again!" said Hwasa falling again and the guards were surprised how drunk she was and took her to her quarters.

<<Of all people, it had to be that snake, princess Hyejin. What a mess.>> said Byul to herself.

It was the next day and people were talking about how Hwasa was drunk and fell ill, and that the royals became reckless on how Hwasa almost had sex in an off-limit area.

"Hello. What brings you here?" a guard ask Solar.

"I've come to speak with princess Hyejin. She ordered me to come at once."

"If it's princess Hyejin's orders, you may go in."

<<Whew, I was afraid they'd see through my lie. What did she do to get herself ill again? She needs to be more careful in her condition,>> said Solar to herself entering the chamber when she notices the mistress was there.

"Solar! What are you doing here?" she said happily, and Solar ignore her.

"Excuse me," said Solar with a stern voice.

"Solar! Wait!" said the mistress grabbing Solar's shoulder and she slapped her hand.

"Don't touch me!" and the mistress stays there dumbfounded.