Chapter 51

Aunt was at her quarters when her guards came in with stuff that survived in the fire.

"We found three bodies in the fire."

"Three?"

"Yes, my lady. It appears that their son had been hiding in a secret attic behind the closet. He must have failed to escape when the closet caught on fire and died," said the guard.

"How could you have overlooked such a thing," said the aunt and the guard just beg for his forgiveness. "And the new residence they were heading to? They must have had their valuables transferred there in advance."

"We will locate them as soon as possible. The apothecary had this pendant clenched in her hand at the time of death. The husband is said to have made and sold them for a living."

"Do you have any information on the person who had been in contact with them?" said the aunt playing with the pendant.

"Still awaiting confirmation."

"What about the silver dagger?"

"We are still searching for it?"

"Is there anything you have found that's useful? I understand that the plan was rushed but it appears that you have not done anything right. I have no use for these items that you brought, either. Leave the pendant and discard the rest."

"Yes, my lady. We will find out more information and alert you as soon as possible."

"Very well. Do not let me down this time," said aunt and the guard left. "I wished to keep the silver dagger as a trophy, but the pendant will have to do. The day will come when I shall destroy my sister's greatest hopes and dreams. She was born with all the privileges of the Moon family. Things I could never have, even if I sought them my whole life. Now, everything will be mine. I will take everything on my own. Through Eun-Chul."

Hwasa and Solar went to visit Solar's parent's tomb and waiting for the sunset.

"It's my fault, isn't it? I begged them to take me to the market and someone found out about me being a flower maiden. That's why they came to take me away and kill mommy and daddy," cried little Solar.

"No. It's not your fault," said Hwasa cleaning Solar tears. <<They located the bodies in a rush and burned them along with the house. By investigating the person who had come to check on the fire, I found out that it'd been the Moon family's doing. But this child must enter Yellow Flower garden one day. I can't tell her the truth.>>

"Then why would anyone do this?"

"Here, take this. One of my guards picked this up in town. You dropped it on the streets that day."

"Daddy's pendant," Solar grabbed the pendant and started to cry more thinking about his parents. Nine years have passed, and Solar went to visit his parents' tomb. "Mother, father. I'm going to Yellow garden. Now, I will no longer be your daughter but Solar the flower maiden. But give me some time. I promise to complete the antidote and reclaim my name."

*End of flashback*

Solar woke up from her dream and stared outside thinking about his parents. "I wanted to go see them again before I turned 20, but the bloom wasn't as unbearable as I'd expected it to be. I didn't have to suppress the pain while waiting for the coming-of-age ceremony or be reduced to a form of entertainment to prying eyes. And above all, the mistress was so kind. Instead of ridiculing me as a filthy flower maiden, she told me that what we did was all right. That it was just medical treatment. I found great comfort in her words," said Solar with a tint of blush. "It's a funny thing. In the beginning, the mistress was such a pain and got in the way of everything I did, but after a while, she began helping me whenever I found myself in a difficult situation. Over time, I have become more and more indebted to her. She helped me again, despite great risk. She's much more caring than I thought. And I have a lot to thank her for!" Solar said moving her feet of embarrassment. 

She was thinking about Byul when her aide were talking about Byul being dismissed because of what happens at the coming-of-age ceremony. They were talking when Solar slam the door open and they got startled. "What do you mean, the mistress is being dismissed? Is she being because of me? Where is she? I need to go see her right away."