Chapter 41

"The antidote's effects have faltered in the last trial. It's unlikely that Solar will complete it in time before the ceremony, right? She'll be devastated. I'm worried," said Byul puffing the smoke.

"I'm afraid so, but she's close. It'll soon be complete."

"Remember, when you report to aunt, make sure that she doesn't know how quickly we are progressing with the antidote's development. If we're able to complete the antidote without her knowledge, we will be able to send you off to a safe place," said Byul to Chul but Chul just looked down.

"There is no way such a thing would be possible," Chul thought.

Solar was in her classes and the kisaengs were talking about how the mistress has gone to be a softie and they were thanking Solar for it.

"Me? I had nothing to do with it."

"How did you make the mistress fall for you. Tell us your secret," said Lia.

"Oh, look at the time, I have to see the mistress. See you all later," said Solar rushing out of the doors.

Solar and the twins were walking in the path where it led them to Solar's secret chamber. Solar was a little annoyed at the fact that Byul was a little happy.

"Why are you in such a good mood these days, my lady? It wouldn't be because the antidote trials have been so promising, would it?"

"What are you talking about? Why would I be happy about that?" said Byul.

"Of course you wouldn't. I should've known," Solar said glaring at Byul.

"What are you getting at?"

"It's just all that everyone's been talking about. They say that you're much more pleasant nowadays because of me. I mean, they say that you've changed ever since I became you 'lover'," said Solar with a blush and Byul blushed and looked the other way.

"Lover? W-what senseless drivel. What kind of nonsense are those idiots babbling about?! I'm just trying to repress my temper after my aunt told me to behave. Those fools will gossip- what's wrong," said Byul who notice that Solar stopped walking.

"Are you all right?" said Eun-Chul who was covering Solar eyes, and Byul notices the dead man next to a tree. Byul was about to get the guards when Solar stopped her.

"I'm fine, please don't worry about me. We must send for Hwasa unnie," said Solar closing the dead man's eyes. "This person is one of her aides. He's someone who used to run errands for Hwasa unnie, making deliveries to me."

"What is Ahn Hyejin's aide doing here? All right let me go and send for her," said Byul but Chul stopped her.

"I will go and tell them," Chul said heading her way. That aide is the one I disposed of not long ago. So, who could have transferred the body here?

Chul put on her mask and went for Hwasa and they arrived where the body was.

"I appreciate you notifying me of this. If it weren't for you, I would've had to hold his funeral without finding his body," said Hwasa.

"So what happened was, his aide was sent by you to make a delivery for Solar, went missing in the process, and somehow reappeared as a corpse on our way to develop the antidote. Tell me, how many are there in the royal family who know the antidote?" Byul said.