Chapter 56

"Solar? It's me, Eun-"

"I don't care who you are, just don't touch me," said Solar.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Did you know? ABOUT MY PARENTS," and Chul stayed frozen.

"What are you talking about? What about your parents?"

"Even if you didn't know, it doesn't matter. I don't need your help anymore! Not even want to see you!"

"Solar!" and Chul stayed there repeating the words Solar told her.

<<She seemed shocked as if she had no idea. She might not have known because she was so young, but that doesn't change the fact that they're related to the enemy. To think that I had been on such amicable terms with them. I'm such a fool. I don't need any help from them. I'm going to complete the antidote on my own. I'll find the cure for the disease that runs in the royal family, and the cure for the flower poison, all on my own,>> said Solar to herself. <<If the influence of the royal family grows and they gain control over the flower maidens, the moon family will be ruined, no matter how influential they are now. It'd be the perfect way to take vengeance. And I could break their hearts at the same time. It'd be a perfect revenge.>>

Hwasa was at the Moon family quarters restricted area waiting for Byul when she enters.

"You have seven days. You must wrap up all search activities involving the Moon family in that time," said Byul.

"What if I were to reveal your secret, regardless of my looming death?"

"Then you would not make it out of here alive."

"What if I already have a will prepared in case I die?"

"Then maybe I'll bring our soldiers along and stir up a revolt. What are you trying to say?" asked Byul.

"What I'm trying to say is, don't think you're the one with the upper hand, because I'm here to make a deal with you. One that will satisfy both parties. You have feelings for Solar, don't you?" asked Hwasa drinking her tea and Byul started to blush.

"W- what?!"

"I've been taking care of her ever since she was a child. I'm practically her older sister. Your feeling is obvious from the look on your face."

"What n-nonsense!" Byul tries to defend herself.

"It is, and you need her. Without the antidote, you will meet a bitter end, because the 'mistress' who's waiting to meet me at this moment will gain everything from the Moon family. I expect that your family is waiting for your death as well," said Hwasa. "What an eyesore you must be in their eyes. A lowly flower maiden born into a distinguished family such as them. They must be waiting for the day when the one who brings shame to the family name disappears. I could be your way out of this situation. If you help Solar and I complete the antidote, you could have the life you dream of having with Solar and maintain your place in the Moon family. So, what do you say to work together?" said Hwasa extending her hand to Byul.

Chul was still waiting for Hwasa at the quarters but her mind was still repeating the words that Solar said to her. The servant told her to return to her quarters due that Hwasa won't present herself.

Surely this is all because of the princess. She must have told Solar about the Moon family is responsible for her parents' death. That sly, conniving little snake. I must stop her from getting in our way. I must get rid of her.