Chapter 36

There is only one instance when a flower maiden is given a funeral. When she must be punished. A funeral is the cruelest form of punishment endowed on a flower maiden. She is displayed as a spectacle, as the full bloom slowly kills her. In no other instance is a flower maiden given a funeral. Their loves are consumed for pleasures, and their deaths are forgotten.

Solar was crying when she saw the chrysanthemum flower tied naked, while people watched her being killed by her flower poison when Wheein cover her eyes.

"Are you all right?" Wheein asked younger Solar. Since then, they have been like sisters, always together holding hands, but now it won't be like that anymore.

However, I shall live a long life and cherish you in my memories for many seasons to come, said Solar to herself letting go of Wheein petals.

It was a beautiful day in the Yellow garden, and the Moon sisters were talking.

"Of things go as planned, I will send you to the middle kingdom. There, you will no longer have to be my shadow and live your own life," said Byul to Chul. "I'll keep the house from hunting you down, so just let me know how you are doing, from time to time."

"All right."

"But the plan needs to succeed first, so it'll be a while before you leave," said Byul when they heard knocks.

"Mistress, I have come to notify you of the matter you requested. Solar has forgone her meals and remained in her quarters all day," said the guard.

"I see. You may leave. It's been three days already. Is she going to be all right?"

"We'll have to wait until she is," said Chul, and Byul just gave a long sigh and she stands up startling Chul.

"I'm going to go check!"

"You're going to Solar yourself?" asked Eun-Chul.

"She might've fallen ill or collapsed, even. I'll have to see for myself."

"But everyone in Yellow garden will talk if you're seen entering an underage flower maiden's quarter."

"Well, shouldn't it be all right? Since everyone calls me a rouge already," said Byul with a smile.

"There's no stopping you, is there? Let us wait just a bit more. I'm sure Solar needs some time to herself too," said Chul, and Byul just pouts. "Knowing Solar, she will be up and about in no time."

"Like this?" the twins got startled at the sudden sound of the door and the younger enters.

"Solar?!"

"I've made a list of all the key ingredients and planned our next steps," said Solar handing them a scroll paper each. "Please read carefully and help me gather everything I need."

"I heard you were skipping meals, but it seems you are fine," said Byul and Solar froze.

"Are you all right?" asked Chul.

"Of course not. How could I be?" said Solar looking down. "But I have a job to do. There's much work to be done and still many things that I can change with my own hands," said Solar looking at her scroll paper.