Chapter 43

*Back to Byul and Hwasa conversation*

"Let me be frank, Byul. I don't want Solar to go through with the coming-of-age ceremony," said Hwasa.

"A flower maiden's coming-of-age ceremony is the biggest festivity held in Yellow Flower garden and something that all flower maidens must go through. There are no exceptions, and there's nothing I can do about that," said Byul.

"I expected such, as long as Solar is within the gates of the garden, but what if she were to be outside its boundaries?"

"Are you suggesting we break her out of the garden? And why should we do that?" said Byul removing her hand where Hwasa grabbed. "Do you know how much of a loss the garden would face to forego a coming-of-age ceremony? Besides, not even I could avoid the consequences if a flower maiden were to escape. It'd be too much of a risk."

"But it'd be worth the antidote that Solar will make. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Is there a reason why you're so desperate to get your hands on the antidote?" Byul asked with a smirk.

"Well, to me it seems that you're just as desperate for it yourself. So what do you say? Will you take my offer?"

"If you're going to keep talking about something that's clearly out of my hands, I'll be on my way," said Byul slamming the table.

"All right, since you're so adamant, we'll leave it for today. But I have one thing I'd like to request. Please don't tell anyone that you spoke with me today," said Hwasa.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because there are a few other personal matters that I'd like to talk to you about, as well as some things that might pique your interest. But most importantly, I'm hiding at the moment!! My aides are probably in frenzy looking for me!" said Hwasa acting like a kid.

"You're in hiding just so you could read erotic magazines?"

"It's my one joy in life. Well, I shall see you tomorrow then."

"What?! Who said we're meeting again tomorrow?"

"Well, since I kept you waiting for so long today, it is only manners to go pay you a visit, is it not?" said Hwasa with a smile.

*End of flashback*

Byul and Eun-Chul were in the bedchambers, and Byul slides the paper that had the sign of the royal.

"It's a letter from the royal family addressed to the higher ranks. The content is not of much importance, which must be why it wasn't handled with more care. But it's proof that they distrust me and keep me under watch. So I took it over to lady Hwasa's," said Byul.

"You shouldn't have gone alone. What if something had happened to you?"

"I thought it'd be safer to be upfront about it. I thought I might find out something if I showed up unannounced, and they didn't have time to prepare an excuse. However, it didn't go as planned," said Byul remembering the conversation she had with Hwasa. "That sly fox. I have a feeling that damn royal will stop by today for making me wait yesterday."

"Yes, I find that highly likely. We'll need to be careful," said Chul.

"Why in the world is that damn woman still helping Solar? I bet she had an ulterior motivate," said Byul pissed.

"Yes, it's strange. I wonder what she's up to."

"But Eun-Chul, this just occurred to me. What do you think about helping Solar escape the garden before she blooms?"

Morning came by and the royal, mistress, and Solar were in the secret chamber where Solar make her antidote.

"I was hoping that she wouldn't come but she did," said Chul to herself outside the chamber guarding it.

"Hwasa unnie! We're seeing each other a lot these days," said Solar.

"Are you tired of me?"

"No, it's always lovely to see you! What brings you here today?"

"I came to apologize to the mistress for making her wait yesterday and to give you a hand, while I'm at it. Mistress, my apologies for yesterday."

"I am deeply honored that you have graced us with your presence, lady Hyejin," said an annoyed Byul.

"All right. Now that we have more help, let's get straight to work," said Solar. They started to make and mixed ingredients; Solar went to get the box that was on top of the cabinet but failed to get it when Hwasa went to get it for her.

"Here you go, Solar."

"Thanks, Hwasa unnie," and Byul only got more annoyed.

"That damn royal. If she came to work, she should keep her mouth shut and make herself useful!" said Byul to herself. Hwasa glanced at her and smirk and grabbed Solar and started to dance.

"What are you doing, unnie?"

"Why is that fool looking over here with a stupid grin on her face. That royal prick. She doesn't have feelings for Solar, does she?!" said Byul to herself.

"I'm going to shed to get some more ingredients."

"I'll go with you!"

"No. Stay here and focus on your work, and don't pick any fights while I'm gone, you two," said Solar heading it when she saw Chul. "Eun-Chul unnie. Were you here this whole time? Do you want to go to the shed with me?"

"I should stay and listen to their conversation," said Chul to herself when Solar grabbed her hand.

"Come on, let's go!"

When I heard about what Byul had in mind this morning, I thought that controlling the speed of the antidote's development would be easy, but the risk considerable.

"Do you have to stand there and watch the whole time? It's not like you're her bodyguard. You must be bored," said Solar. "Well, Hwasa unnie says she's not leaving until much later. You should go rest for a bit," said Solar.

"That's not a bad idea," smiled Chul. But what if we helped Solar escape and the Moon family took her under their wing? She'd end up in the same situation as me. Then maybe I won't have to hide like I am now and be by her side for years to come. I wish to be with you, Solar.