Chapter 45

Byul was in her bed-chamber smoking so her scent can fade away.

"That was the worst dream I've ever had. How people would ridicule me if they saw me in this state. I became too excited about the successful development of the antidote and having fun with Solar, that I forgot that my identity may be at stake," said Byul to herself. "Chul, about Solar, maybe it's not a bad idea to leave her in Ahn Hyejin's hands."

"Solar's escape is already risky enough. But you want to send her off to lady Hyejin, too? It's too dangerous."

"She may hide Solar someplace we don't know about but if we were to keep Solar with us, she might figure out that I am a flower maiden," said Byul looking down.

"If you're so worried, what if you only visited her from time to time?"

"Well, I don't know," said Byul. I'm afraid I'll go see her more than necessary.

"Let's talk about it with aunt first. Don't worry too much."

Chul put Byul's clothes on due to Byul's blooming and started to walk with Solar in their path.

"Do you know how reckless the mistress is every time we pass by the guards? Sometimes, she'll lift me and carry me in her arms. She's so unpredictable."

"Byul can certainly be audacious at times," said Chul when Solar notice a leaf landed on her head and went to take it off.

"You have a leaf in your hair," said Solar getting closer to Chul who was red, and they just laughed. "It's so interesting, you and the mistress."

"What's interesting?"

"How completely different you are when you're identical in appearance," said Solar making Chul blush.

Solar is someone who knows our differences, differences even I had forgotten. Could the reason I want her all to myself be... "Solar, do you want to escape before your bloom? Once you leave Yellow Flower garden, you will have to live in hiding but you won't have to be a kisaeng anymore. There is not much I can tell you at the moment since things are still in the planning stage, but I will do my best to help you to escape," said Chul when Solare went to hug her excitedly.

"OH, MY GOD!! You're the best, Eun-Chul unnie!"

Because I love her?

*Flashback*

"Eun-Chul. I had a lover when I was young. As an illegitimate child, I was held in contempt by society, so he wanted us to live a life of our own and leave my family behind. I felt that I would be happy anywhere, as long as I had him by my side. So I decided to go with him. And what do you think happened in the end?" said her aunt sipping her tea.

"I see that you are all alone."

"That's right. It was all just a fleeting dream. Everything had been a lie, out of his greed for my family's wealth. In the end, he flew away, leaving for another woman."

"And what did you do?"

"I broke his wings to pieces and cut off every hand that he could ever reach out to," she said throwing her cup, breaking into pieces. "Then he begged on his knee to take him back, that I was the only love of his life. That is when I realized that if you want something in life, you must be the only one in possession of it. That you must be the only one who can hold their hand. It is too late once the bird has flown out of its cage. That is why you keep them from flying away, even if it means cutting off their wings. That is love, Eun-Chul."

*End of flashback*

"You don't know how glad I am to have you," said Solar.

"I feel the same way," said Chul with a smile on her face. Yes, surely this must be love.

Byul was in her chamber writing a note and thinking about Solar.

"I want to get closer to Solar, touch her, and be with her. But that's how I'll give myself away. I like her. And that is why I can't have her by my side," said Byul looking at her letter.