Chapter 24

"Don't you ever get tired of it, unnie?"

"Of what," said Eun-Chul.

"Of the mistress's temper. She has a perpetual growl on her face. I don't understand how you two are twins. You're so kind, Eun-Chul unnie, but the mistress? I've never met a woman with such anger inside her," said Solar with an annoyed pout on her face.

"Well, anger is not, but rather fear."

"Fear?! The woman has nothing but the sky above her. What, or who could she possibly fear?"

"When one has much to lose one has much to fear," said Eun-Chul.

"Eun-Chul unnie is right. I've nothing to lose compared to the mistress. I've nothing to fear. After all, I know her biggest secret," said Solar remembering the talk she had with Eun-Chul. Solar headed to the chamber like every morning and saw the mess. "Well. She's just about turned the place inside out," she said putting the table back where it was and picking up the books when the teapot was thrown at the book she was about to pick up.

"I know what you've been up to," said the real Byul this time. "Care to explain why?"

"Because I was necessary, my lady."

"You're not in the least ashamed, are you? I wager you got what you wanted with your trickeries?"

"Well, milady. I only took back what was mine," said Solar putting the books on the table. "So I don't see why I should be ashamed."

"The pendant? That's why you went through all this trouble?"

"Is that not why I'm held captive here in the first place?"

"And that's why you dared to drug me? Twice?" asked Byul when Solar gave her a book.

"My lady, if you'd like to find out the answer, I suggest you study this book, because if anyone needs a lesson in manners it is you, not me," Solar said confidently.

"Have you gone out of your mind, you little brat?!" said Byul with anger throwing the book on the floor.

"Say, Byul,"

"How dare you call me by my name!"

"Do you not see it? I have retrieved what you held as a hostage and have your secret in my hand, too. Everything your family has built until now, can fall apart if I choose to open my mouth," said Solar throwing the pile of books that were on her table.

"Is this what you were told to do? Do you truly believe you'll stay protected by those behinds? No family in this kingdom is more powerful than the Moon family! NONE! So who dare say and yet even with all this power you speak of," said Byul with anger but Solar cut her off.

"Why do you fear a young flower maiden so? Is it because you are a twin? Because you know the consequences of having your secrets revealed? "

"YOU LITTLE! Utter another word, and it shall cost you dearly!" yelled Byul grabbing Solar collar.

"Go ahead. For every soul in the Yellow garden will keep me a company to the underworld. I shan't be lonely." Byul just laughed at the younger said and grabbed her collar again and pushed her into the wall.