Chapter 53

"I like you, Solar. I'm not saying this because I expect a response from you. It's just that I don't know when I will see you again, so I wanted to tell you how I felt before we part."

"I see," said Solar covering her face of shyness.

"Come on. We need to go before it's too late," said Chul taking her to her quarters and left.

"That was so sudden!" squealed Solar. Chul went to the quarters of Byul to talk about the situation.

"So what's this about a silver dagger?"

"I wanted to talk to you about that. I've thought it over and over but can't seem to make sense of it. Princess Hyejin has mother's treasured silver dagger. She promised to tell me why if I did what she asked, which is why I went along with her plan," said Byul. "Sorry I couldn't tell you before."

"What did she say the reason was?"

"The plan fell through so all she said was that Solar's mother had received the dagger when she was alive."

"Solar's mother?"

"I was shocked as well. It couldn't be that mother and Solar's mother were close. If that were the case, I would have known, but probably she gave her the dagger as a sign of trust. The only thing that could have been worth it is the antidote to the flower poison," said Byul. "Mother must have sought out Solar's mother in order to procure the antidote."

"But Solar's mother was probably already colluding with the royals. So the royals must have poisoned your mother in order to erase their tracks," said Chul.

"You know that the hereditary disease the royals suffer from is worsened in the presence of flower maidens," Byul said.

"I thought the princess was aiding the development of the antidote because of her lover, but if that wasn't the reason, it could be that she put her life on the line in order to win control of the flower maidens and drive the Moon family out of power."

"Then why? Why did she show me the dagger? Because, despite the risk, she needed my help? Was she that desperate to get Solar out?" and Chul response with a joke and Byul rolled her eyes.

<<Everything makes sense now. Aunt took it into her hands to stop the development of the antidote. Princesses Hyejin, Byul, Solar, aunt. I must see to it that these four never meet each other. They can't find out any more than they already know.>> said Chul to herself.

Solar and Chul were in Solar's quarters because Solar promised to make Chul makeup.

"And there! You look stunning. Will you put some on me, too?" said Solar pointing her lips and Chul grabbed her and give her a soft kiss.

"That color suits you," said Chul kissing her more and taking Solar garments off.

"I- I thought we were going out to the market together."

"Do you want me to stop?" said Chul taking off the last garment of Solar when she woke up.

"What are you dreaming, Solar?! Ever since that incident, I can't stop imagining!!" said Solar drinking water. "This isn't the time to have weird dreams. Of course, it would be nice to be with someone like Chul unnie. She's kind and gentle, but right now, I have to focus on the antidote. If I want a normal love life, I need to complete the antidote," said Solar when she notices a note on her tray. "A letter from Hwasa unnie."

Hwasa was at her quarters when her guard came to inform her that they were searching for Solar and asking questions to the mistress.

<<Mistress hiding a flower maiden?>> "I will speak to her highness about searching myself. Coincidentally, I run out of medicine, so I'll go see Solar, and the mistress, while I'm at it," said Hwasa.