Chapter 52

Solar was trying to run away but the aides chase after her and took her inside and locked her there. Solar got annoyed and thought if she will never get to see the mistress again and thought of a plan. It was getting late and Solar invites her aides to eat with her.

"It is quite a bore, standing guard outside the room. I was so bored in here by myself as well. I'm glad you two could join me," said Solar serving them tea and the aides thank her. "Please come have tea with me from time to time," said Solar, and the aides fell asleep as soon as they sip the tea. Solar put on her coat and rush outside as fast as she could.

<<The pendant that aunt had could just be a common pendant that anyone could buy on the streets. But I need to meet with Solar, before anything. It will become clearer, once I find out more about the pendant.>> said Eun-Chul to herself heading to her destination.

<<That silver dagger was mothers. I'm sure of it. But Ahn Hyejin said that Solar's mother had entrusted her with it. Why would mother have given her silver dagger to Solar's mother?>> said Byul to herself when she heard taps on her paper window. She went to look when a rock passed thru it and hit her forehead. "ARGH! WHO DARE... THROW ROCKS IN MY QUARTERS?!" yelled Byul opening her window and notice Solar was there.

"Um, why did you have to stand by the window? I didn't mean to throw it at you, I swear. I just wanted to let you know that I was outside," said Solar.

"What are you doing? Are you just going to stand there?" said Byul with a grin and Solar enter. "How did you get out of your quarters?"

"Well, I drugged the servants outside, so I had a chance."

"You have no regard for the consequences, do you? But I have an influential family to take care of the consequences."

"Is it true that you're being dismissed, my lady?" asked Solar.

"It's only in name. I'm just leaving because I'm sick of work."

"Don't put up an act, I'm no fool."

"Are you worried about me?"

"What?! N- no. What's there to worry, when you've got a powerful family to back up? It's just because we're partners. Things become a whole lot harder for me if you're dismissed. You're supposed to supply the flower ingredients, test out the efficacy of the medicine," said Solar, and Byul cut her off.

"And help out with production? You're kidding? No other flower maiden would have the guts to boss around the mistress like you," said Byul with a laughed. <<What was I expecting.>> "So you drugged the servants to come to tell me this?"

<<This isn't what I came here for.>> said Solar to herself.

"If that's all, you should go back before they find out you're gone again," said Byul with a little anger in her voice.

"I- I didn't want to part with you without getting to say goodbye. If you are dismissed while I'm on probation, we may never see each other again," said Solar, and Byul blushed. "I couldn't let you go like that. This whole thing is my fault. If I didn't get to bid you farewell, I would have felt awful. So thank you so much for everything you've done and I'm very sorry. If I didn't get to tell you this in person, I would have regretted it for life," Solar bowed at Byul, and Byul smile.

"Then, since it has come to this, why don't we run away together?" asked Byul and Chul heard them from outside. Byul asked her again leaning close to Solar and both blushes.

<<This reminds me of the first bloom.>> both thoughts.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, thank you. Do you have a way to get us out of here?"

"It was an idea. I would have been more prepared if I'd known you were coming," said Byul, and Solar pouted. "But it's nice to see you once last time."

"You mean you won't come back to the garden?"

"I mean the last time before I leave the garden, but even after I leave, I will send someone to help with the antidote and help as much as I can. I'm only leaving in name, so I will probably be back here in no time," said Byul with a wink. "By the way, do you know nothing about the silver dagger that princess Hyejin has? The one with an intricate design engraved, with a red jewel embedded onto it."

"Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen it. Why do you ask?" said Solar when they heard knocks.

"My lady, we are here to update you on some matters."

"Come back tomorrow. I'm tired."

"We received orders to search your quarters immediately," said the guard. "We're going inside."

"It'd better be important, or it's off with your head," said Byul who was in the door and the guard flinch.

"Well, you see, my lady. The peach blossom maiden has disappeared again."

"Ha, you're here because you suspect that she's hiding here," said Byul kicking her desk. "Go ahead. Search all you want."

<<That was close. Now, what do I do? Has someone spotted me?>> said Solar to herself hiding in the bushes when she saw the familiar mask. <<Eun-Chul unnie? She always comes to my rescue whenever I run into a bind. If the mistress leaves, so will unnie. I keep dragging them into a mess. I can't be a burden on them anymore.>>

"Come on. We must go before they find us," said Chul extending her hand to help Solar, but she ignores her. <<What?! Why didn't she take my hand?>> Chul try to leave it at the side and went with Solar to the wall to leave her in her quarter. "It's a good thing I assigned direct servants of the Moon family to wait on you. As long as we get you back safely, they will pretend as nothing happened," said Chul mid-bowing so Solar can climb the wall.

<<I'm receiving help again as soon as I vowed to stop being a burden.>> "I'm sorry," said Yongsun climbing the wall, and saw Chul climb it fast and got down like a pro. Chul stands up and offers her hand again this time.

What crossed your mind when Byul suggested you run away with her? Why didn't you take my hand? Would you have taken it if it were Byul's? As all these questions I couldn't ask swirled around in my head, an armful of peach blossoms fell into my embrace. "Here, take my hand and jump. I'll catch you," said Chul and pull Solar into her arms and hug her.

"Thank you. You can let me go now," said Solar.

"I like you. I like you, Solar."

At that moment it didn't matter anymore what the answers were. I could take hold of your hand. I could be the one to hold onto you. Because I love you. And that is enough.