Chapter 5

"I love this view, flowers painted on a flower and for my eyes only," Hwasa painting the naked flower maiden. While Solar was in the same room watching them from a little hole from the changing room.

"Wouldn't you agree?" Hwasa said looking where Solar was. Solar got scared at the sudden action of Hwasa, while Hwasa was still looking.

"How would I know, my lady?" the maiden said. "As you said, they are for your eyes only."

"Ah, correct."

Solar was peeking from the whole watching the scene all worried. "Goodness, she scared me," Solar said to herself.

"But where are your flowers? Aren't you due to bloom today," Hwasa asked the maiden?

"Yes, but I don't know why it's late today," the maiden said while Hwasa was touching her body.

"Is it working?" Solar said to herself watching and hearing the scene. Hwasa was painting the maiden's body when her brush reaches the maiden ass.

"N-not there my lady!"

"You know I wouldn't," Hwasa while blowing the paint so it can dry. The maiden wanted Hwasa attention due because she's about to bloom.

"Look's like it working," Solar said writing the result of her potion in her notebook. Solar was there in the room with them, hiding because she needed to know if her potion works. She was writing when she felt the scent of the maiden. "The scent of orchids. Could it be?" Solar said while peeking again in the hole. The flower maiden was on top of Hwasa, wanting her attention, and so like that Hwasa started to insert her fingers in the maiden womanhood.

"Ugh, the smell is too strong. I feel sick," Solar said to herself covering her nose. "Experiment results for the potion number 16, this concoction is so far the most successful. Lasted for about 6 hours, and once the effects wear out, blooming proceeds rapidly," Solar wrote in her notebook. "With a few improvements, I'll finally be able to create an antidote to blooming. Then I shall leave Yellow Flower garden, and escape my fate as a flower maiden," Solar said hugging her notebook.

The same day Solar was in a hanok when lady Hwasa came in.

"It seems your concoction worked pretty well this time," Hwasa told Solar.

"Yes, it gets better with each try," Solar said preparing her bag. "But don't look my way when you're bedding the maidens, you gave me quite a scare today," Solar said scolding Hwasa.

"Consider my glances as a reminder, Solar. Always think of the stakes at which you are putting yourself. If anyone finds out about your concoctions, that will be the end of you," Hwasa said lifting Solar chin with her glasses.

"I'm fully aware of the risks, thank you very much," Solar said kinda annoyed.

"Eh, are you? Is that why you crept into the secret garden and pulled a noblewoman by the collar into the pond?! What the hell were you thinking?" Hwasa said scolding Solar. "How many times do I have to tell you to keep a low profile? By the way, who was she?"

"Who cares? I don't want to think about it. Just thinking about her leaves, a sour taste in my mouth," Solar said remembering when she met the noblewoman (Byul).

"It's impossible for a noblewoman to enter the secret garden unnoticed. Could she be the new mistress?"

"Pfft. That wretch the new mistress? Please," Solar said laughing. "Oh, but I saw the secret garden ghost that night."

"Secret garden ghost?" Hwasa asked.

"When I fell into the pond with that wretch, I was sure I would drown to death, but then a figure came swimming toward us. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the water. She saved my life. She was dressed in black and had bright shining eyes," Solar said remembering that day. "Just like the rumored ghost everyone's been talking about. I guess the guards mistook her for a ghost, but there was nothing scary about her. Her hands were warm, and her eyes were bright and gentle. I wonder why everyone was so spooked about such a gentle person," Solar said with a little blush remembering about her.

"Humph. Whoever it was, sounds suspicious," Hwasa said. "Given how often the figure's been seen in the secret garden, it could be a thief or a spy someone planted. Even worse, the person may report you if she sees you in the garden again. If I were you, I would be cautious." Solar was about to protest but Hwasa cut her off by hitting her head softly. "I tell you, you have no idea how dangerous it is to steal from the only flower garden in this kingdom. You could lose your head."

"Okay, I'll be careful," Solar said when the door slides open.

"Can I come in?" Wheein said.

"You're early. Did you miss me, darling?!" Hwasa said going running to Wheein to hug her.

"Augh, let me get out your way, ladies," Solar said getting her bag.

"Oh, don't leave yet Yong. Why don't you stay for some tea?" Wheein said.

"I've got to run an errand, delivery," Solar said heading to the door. "Have a good time, ladies. See you," Solar said waving her hand.

"Well, I'm in no rush to hear Solar deliveries, so why don't we enjoy ourselves first," Hwasa said grabbing Wheein by her waist.

"Oh, my lady, we have all day."

The mistress was in her office finding information about the girl she found in the secret garden.

"Aha! There you are. Kim Solar, the peach blossom maiden," Byul said closing the book.

"Mistress Byul, everyone awaits your turn to 'pick the flower'," one of the servants said to Byul giving her a bandana. Byul grabbed the bandana and gave her the book, and she headed inside, where the girls were waiting to be chosen. "Tsk, look at those fools, desperate for attention," Byul thought to herself.

While Solar was finding her customer, she bumped with the customer friend.

"Oh, Solar here."

"Good day. Have you seen Meahyang unnie?"

"She's already gone to the banquet. She asked you to bring more potions. She'll pay for the delivery of course," the customer friend said.

"To the b-banquet?"

"Yes, she needs the potion tonight."

"All right then, where's the banquet being held?"

"At the 'flower picking' hall."

"T-the 'flower picking hall?" Solar asked nervously.

A/N- Hope y'all enjoy