CAPITOLO CINQUANTASETTE-Trade Off

"Heaven couldn't wait for you, so go on, go home." -Beyoncé

Negril, Jamaica📍
4:05 pm
May 4th '19

Laying flat on the hospital bed, Cataleya winces slightly from the feel of the cold gel being squeezed onto her stomach.

Seated next to her with a face full of curiosity, Chris watches Dr. Kingsley's every movement closely until a warm soft grip locks onto his hand. The small action surprises him and he draws his eyes to look down at their intertwined fingers before looking towards Cataleya's face.

Cataleya however, did not pay him any attention.

Chris knew he should have pulled away but he couldn't deny, he loved the feel of her warm hands in his, so he didn't fight it. Instead, he merely chuckles and follows her gaze towards Dr Kingsley who was now running the transducer probe across Cataleya's stomach.

"Dr Kingsley, Chris said you would be able to tell if the twins are identical or not?"

Dr Kingsley nods at Cataleya. "I can indeed, my dear. And from the looks of it..." She peers at the screen closely before her lips crack into a smile, "They are fraternal!"

Cataleya and Chris instinctively look to each other with wide joyful smiles glowing on their faces.

"Here we have baby A," Dr Kingsley's voice brings their attention back to the monitor where a small outline of a shape appears on the screen. Dr Kingsley moves the probe slightly until another similar shape appears. "And here is baby B."

Cataleya and Chris stare at the screen in awe. Chris could feel the joy course through him while Cataleya could feel the love grow for her twins even more.

"They look like little aliens." She giggles, earning her a chuckle from the others in the room. Dr Kingsley takes a moment to measure the babies individually, jotting down the results in Cataleya's file.

"Alright, so baby A is a little bigger than baby B but they are both normal and healthy sizes which is good...now, let's hear the heart beats."

Chris looks down at Cataleya with a smirk. "Yo, twin A is definitely your child. He finna have his momma big ass head."

Cataleya turns to him, a look of fake offence plastered on her face. "First of all, my baby is gonna be just fine. And I don't have a big head, that's all you, fool. And second of all, 'He'? How do you know my baby isn't a girl?"

"I just have a feeling." Chris shrugs. "I don't really mind if it's two boys, two girls or one of each, I just want my babies to be healthy and well."

Cataleya's heart warms as she smiles. "Amen to that... but I do want a girl." She looks down at her stomach, "So one of y'all better come through."

Chris chuckles along with Dr Kingsley.

"Alright, now here's baby A's heartbeat."

The room turns silent momentarily as Dr Kingsley clicks on something on the screen. Then, the sound of a racing heartbeat fills the room. Chris' eyes instantly widens in awe but Cataleya's eyebrows furrow with worry.

"Uh, it sounds so fast! Is everything okay?"

Dr.Kingsley smiles at Cataleya warmly, "Yes, there is nothing to worry about, my dear. Babies' heart beats are faster than adults," She turns to the screen, "And this baby's heart beat is exactly 153 per minute which is completely normal."