CAPITOLO VENTITRE- Reckless 2.0

"You been in my head playing games, man."- Jazmine Sullivan.

Classified location, New York📍
2:15 am
November 14th '18

Cataleya raises her eyebrow at Chris, "I'm listening."

"Aight, if I win, you gotta dead this friendship you got going on with Janaé and stay your disrespectful ass away from our family." Chris challenges.

"What?!" Janaé cries, "No! You can't do that!"

"I just did."

Janaé seethes. There he goes again, intruding into her life and ruining it! Everybody here knew how much of a racing champion Chris was. He has never lost a race. EVER. She knew the deal was a stupid one and the fact that it was going to affect the one solid friendship she had, really pissed her off.

"Chris what the fuck is wrong with you?! Why you always gotta-"

"Deal."

Janaé's head spins towards Cataleya with wide eyes, "What?!"

"What?" Echoes Rheah, equally surprised.

Chris smiles.

"But if you lose, the friendship continues," Cataleya negotiates, "You will never twist your mouth to disrespect me again...And I get your car."

Chris' smile drops.

The crowd 'Oohs' dramatically at Cataleya's conditions along with a few murmurs. Rheah smiles to herself, chuckling at her sister's bravery while Chris glares at her with a clenched jaw, sizing her up.

"Deal."

"Yo, bossman, you sure about this?" Keiron asks.

Chris smirks boastfully, "Man, y'all know she ain't never gon' beat me." He throws the keys to his Ferrari at his competition.

Cataleya catches them with a smile, "Never say never."

The crowd 'Oohs' again as Chris watches Cataleya walk past him heading over to his car. Michael, who had followed Chris over, shakes his head at his brother's antics and hands him the keys to his Lambo.

"Don't scratch my shit," He points a warning finger at Chris.

"Well ladies and gentlemen," Keiron announces, "Let the games begin!"

The two opponents climb into their selected cars as the crowd cheer around them. By now everyone was well aware of the tension between the two. Bets were being made rapidly as everyone anticipates who was going to win the race.

o~O~o

At the starting line, Cataleya and Chris line themselves up in their starting positions.

While waiting for the conductor to start the race, Cataleya takes the time to admire the sleek and luxurious design of the sports car. It still had that brand new car smell mixed with Chris' strong cologne and the customised interior was exquisite!

Even though the owner was a jackass, Cataleya couldn't deny the fact that he had excellent taste in cars. Sliding her hands over the leather steering wheel, she gets herself more comfortable in the plush leather seat.

Soon, a tall dark skin woman in a gold bikini top struts to her position between the two cars, holding a big checkered flag. She winks at Chris but gives Cataleya a dirty look which Cataleya ignores. She wasn't gonna let that trick bother her, not when she had a race to focus on...