CAPITOLO VENTISEI- The Six Kings

"Mi love mi famo dem to mi heart. Me wouldn't dare hurt one of dem."-Popcaan

The Bronx, New York📍
5:45pm
November 22nd' 18

The dinner table was finally set with the hot steaming food waiting patiently to be devoured. Everyone gathered around the table, with Maria sitting at the head. To her left sat Chris, Rheah, Janaé and Cataleya.  KD occupied her right, with Cienna, Michael and Aaliyah sitting along the sides, leaving the chair at the other head of the table empty.

After Maria blessed the food, they all begin to tuck into the delicious feast. Although the majority around the table had underlying issues between them, they were able to put their differences aside and fall into a wholesome and banter-filled conversation amongst each other.

"Alright y'all," Maria grins with excitement gleaming in her joyful eyes, "Since the spirits are high and the mood is great, you already know what time it is!" She pulls out a mini boat from under the table, "The-"

"Thankful riverboat ride." Everyone choruses with different levels of enthusiasm in their voices apart from the sisters and Cienna, who look thoroughly confused.

"What's happening?" Rheah smiles nervously.

"Oh yes, sorry my dears," Maria giggles, "I forgot we had newcomers, y'all blend so well into the family." She sends them a playful wink that left the brothers subtly scoffing and rolling their eyes.

"It's the Anderson family thanksgiving tradition," Maria explains. "We pass the small boat around the table and take turns to say one thing we are thankful for so far this year."

Cataleya nods with interest, "Nice."

"Okay so I'll go first," Maria clears her throat, "This year I am thankful that God has allowed the opportunity for us to be here once more in good health and spirit." She ends with a bright smile, passing the boat to KD.

KD takes hold of it and looks around the table with a smile, "I am thankful to be apart of this family. And I know I say it every year but it truly is a blessing I can never stop thanking God for."

"Awww!" The women melt at his words. Maria leans over, kissing his cheek.

"We love you, kid." The brothers muse.

KD matches their cheesy grin, "Love you too, family."

The boat was then passed to Cienna.

"Cici baby," her mother says, "You have to say something you are thankful for, okay?"

Cienna nods, "Okay mommy, uh..." She suddenly shies away as all eyes were on her, "I am thankful for all the new friends I have made."

The table gives her a round of applause, causing the little girl to grin as she passes the boat to Michael.

"Okay, I am thankful for this beautiful young woman right next to me," He says, glancing affectionately at Aaliyah who was grinning at him, "Who, despite all our obstacles, said yes to my proposal a few months ago and has agreed to be my wife."

"Thank you baby," Aaliyah plants a soft kiss on his lips before she takes the boat he had passed to her. "Okay, so I'm thankful for this wonderful man sitting next to me who is soon to be my life partner. I couldn't ask for a better person to spend forever with so thank you for choosing me, I love you."

The pair smile at each other with love in their eyes before she passes the boat to Cataleya.

While Janaé and  KD 'awww' playfully at the couple's sweet moment, Maria smiles with pursed lips at the two. Cataleya and Rheah on the other hand, share a quick look between each other while Chris scoffs quietly, shaking his head.