CAPITOLO TRENTASETTE- Venting

"Can I talk to you? Comfort you? Let you know, I care 4 you." - Aaliyah

The Bronx, New York📍
4:30 am
December 16th '18

"You okay, sweetie?" Rheah stares at her while she innocently puts a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

"Yeah yeah I just– "Cataleya clears her throat, looking over to her sister, "What did you just say?"

"I said, I'm sure Gabe wouldn't want his girl with another man." Rheah repeats, just as nonchalantly as she said the first time.

Cataleya's mouth gapes open and close like a fish.

"C'mon Leya, did you really think I didn't know?" Rheah sends her a look. "And since we on the subject, the next time y'all wanna...phone sex," She grimaces, "Make sure you do it where the walls aren't almost paper thin."

"I–I–" Cataleya begins to stutter out, scared and embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell Papa..." Rheah sends Cataleya a side glance, "I'll leave that for y'all to do."

Cataleya sighs, "H–how long have you known?"

"For a while now, about a few months before we left Italy. I actually saw you two kiss in the garden maze, but that just confirmed my suspicions. I had an idea a while before that."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"What could I say? I was shocked, disgusted, angry, confused, I didn't know what to say or do."

Cataleya shifts her guilty gaze down towards her fingers, "And now..."

Rheah shrugs, "I've come to terms with it. I still don't agree or understand it but you two are my little siblings and I can't find it in me to hate y'all..." She gently touches her sister's arm, causing Cataleya to look up at her, "Ti amo ragazzi, finché morte non ci separi (I love you guys, 'til death do us part)."

"I'm sorry Rheah, I just wanted to experience love like in those films we used to watch growing up and–" Cataleya wipes the few tears that had fallen.

"Hey, hey it's alright." Rheah pulls her sister into her arms as more tears begin to fall, "You don't have to explain it to me, I sort of get it...We didn't exactly have a very social upbringing."

Cataleya wipes her tears, "Yeah but you turned out fine." She scoffs, "Rhee, I'm in love with our damn brother!"

"Ehh... true..." Rheah cringes. She couldn't argue with that.

"But hey, if it helps, I had a one night stand and fell pregnant for a man I now have to kill."

Cataleya giggles, sitting upright once more, "Wow, our lives suck."

"In some aspects, definitely." Rheah chuckles.

Cataleya sighs, "You know, in some twisted and strange way, I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I love our weird and discombobulated loving family."

Rheah smiles, "Couldn't have said it any better myself."

The girls spend the rest of the night together, watching a few films and giving each other makeovers. It was rare times like this where they got to be the young adults that they were and not have to worry about the sins they had committed and the lives they had taken or their isolated childhood.

Yes they loved their family and enjoyed what they did to support their father and family title, but very small parts of them always wondered what their alternative lifestyles would have been if Antonio wasn't the mafia king and just a regular working man...