CAPITOLO TREDICI- Bombshells

"My whole world's upside down."- Mary J. Blige

Sicily, Italy📍
5:45 pm
August 31st '18

"I'm fine," Rheah announces confidently, "I was just thinking about some of the tactics we could use to take these brothers down."

Antonio nods, "That's good because I want this done properly. Clean and effective."

The girls nod their heads, "Yes Papa."

Antonio continues, "I assume this assignment should take up to 6-8 months. However, judging by the targets' habitual natures I'd say 12 months at best, but I trust you two to get it done before that."

"12 MONTHS?!" Gabriel's eyes widen.

"Uh, technically he said 6-8 months. We're elite, don't insult our abilities." Cataleya side-eyes him.

Gabriel glares at her, annoyed. "I'm not trying to nor am I trying to argue with you, Cataleya. I'm just not jumping for joy at the fact that all of my girls will be in harm's way for 12 months, but hey, who cares what Gabriel has to say, right?"

"Gabe," Cataleya sighs, "I know you're worried but you gotta trust us and our abilities to know that we'll be fine. Besides, what's the worse they could do?"

"Kill you."

Cataleya scoffs. "They'd have to be dying right alongside me to have made it that far."

Rheah nods in support of her sister's words, "Period."

Gabriel's eyes dart between the two women, "You two are insane," He eventually chuckles, "Then again, you have Antonio for a father so I'm not surprised."

Everyone laughs while Antonio innocently shrugs his shoulders. Reluctantly, Gabriel sighs in defeat. "Fine, I trust that you guys will be okay and I expect their bodies in a bag and you three without a scratch when this is all over."

His sisters simultaneously salute. "Ay ay, Captain."

"Bene," Antonio concludes, fixing his suit. "I have arranged your flights for Saturday at 11 am. The car will be ready for 8:40 am so make sure you're both well-rested tonight."

"Wait," Cataleya squints, "Tonight?"

Antonio nods.

The girls give each other an incredulous look before turning to their father.

"So we're leaving tomorrow?!"

Antonio nods again.

"Oh," Cataleya frowns slightly, "So you guys are gonna ride with us to the airport, right?"

Her face falls when Antonio shakes his head. "I'm so sorry girls but-"

"We know we know, it's for our own safety. Well at this point, fuck the safety if I can't get to say goodbye to my family properly." Rheah rolls her eyes.

In her annoyance, she marches out of the room, not bothering to wait for anyone's response.

"You know," Cataleya starts, drawing Antonio's attention from the door Rheah had hastily exited through, "This will be the first time in forever that we will be away from home for so long and to know that the only family members we have won't be there to see us off, sucks."

Antonio opens his mouth to respond but she wasn't done. "And here I thought the mighty Mafia King got to do anything he wanted."

With a final scoff, she follows her sister's footsteps and storms out of the room, leaving Antonio to dwell in the sting of both their words and their disappointment. He slumps into his chair heaving a heavy sigh, not knowing whether to be angry or sad at his daughters' attitudes.