CAPTIOLO TRENTAOTTO- Friends?

"We've been on a tragedy for months, why can't you agree with me for once? Maybe we can be on chill tonight." -Jeremih

The Bronx, New York📍
5:30pm
December 21st '18

After a long drive from the city, Cataleya finally made it to the destination Lewis had sent her to:

Jemima & Co Caribbean wholesale store.

She had volunteered herself to do the grocery run the moment Lewis announced that they were running low on supplies and delivery wouldn't be coming in until next Tuesday. Unbeknownst to her, Cataleya's kind-hearted gesture earned her the rest of the day off–fully paid.

And she was grateful.

A day off was definitely what she needed after all of the night shifts she had done. She already knew that as soon as she was done with this errand, she was going home to change into her PJ's, curl up under the warmth of her duvet and watch films.

Hopping out of her thoughts and her car, Cataleya enters the wholesale store and wastes no time in getting on with her task. Half an hour later and she was right back out of the store, zooming in and out to load the boxes into the back of her car.

All the while Cataleya worked, she was completely oblivious to the watchful gazes across the road.

o~O~o

"Damn... and people say working corners ain't shit," The young corner boy smacks his lips, "We get to see all the hunnies round the way out here son." He grins, dapping up his colleague.

"Yessir!"

"Yo, I'm telling you with an ass like that, shorty gotta be bad." Another corner boy chimes.

"Bro, now you know that ain't it all the time, some females got a wagon in the back and look like a wagon in the front." The forth corner boy says cracking up.

All four men chuckle at the comment. As per usual, a few of the boys from the east trap house were handling business on their corner. They were waiting around for their boss, Keyz to arrive to collect that hour's profit and found themselves being enthralled by the beautiful woman across the road.

"True, but I got a good feeling about this one, she look too good from the back to be ugly in the front."

"Well hopefully she–"

"Aye, I'm seeing a lot of talking and not enough selling round here then when bullets start flying, y'all wanna start crying." An authoritative voice interrupts, approaching them.

The four men turn to see Benny now standing next to them with a questioning look. "What the fuck are y'all doing?"

The men all stare at Benny like a deer caught in headlights, but nerves got to the youngest of the four, causing him to speak.

"We was staring at the fine ass shorty across the street." He blurts out nervously while the others throw him a glare.

"Sorry bossman, we was just passing time until you arrived." The eldest of them speaks up, "It won't happen again."

"Yeah it better not. Finish your work first then y'all can do that shit." Benny chastises sternly, causing the men to nod. "Y'all lucky it was me that arrived here first and not Blaze. Y'all know he doing spot checks today right?"

"Oh shit." They all mumble growing even more fearful.

"Yeah 'oh shit' is right." Benny mocks before slapping the same guy upside the head, "Now get back to work before I embarrass y'all in front shorty across the road!"