CAPITOLO OTTO- Gabriel's Gift

"Every time I try to leave, Something keeps pullin' me back, me back, telling me I need you in my life" -Chingy

Giovanni Estate, Sicily, Italy📍
2:00pm
August 23rd '18

"You are one twisted individual," Cataleya splutters to her father. 

Antonio's green orbs twinkle with humour. "But sweet pea, you love me so what does that make you also?"

His playful tease only earns him an eye roll from Cataleya as she reaches for the oxygen mask he was offering her.

Unlike their usual days of training, Antonio decided to take it up a notch. From target practice being held in a locked toxic gas chamber to unbinding themselves while being trapped in a water box, the Giovanni siblings barely made it out alive.

"Yeah yeah whatever, just know I'm calling child services next time," Cataleya mumbles, taking a seat next to Rheah who already had her own oxygen mask on.

Rheah pulls the mask away from her nose and mouth to comment, "You know, sometimes I wonder if this kinda stuff is really "training" or just punishment." She looks to her sister before narrowing her eyes at her father sceptically.

"Punishment?" Antonio exclaims dramatically, "Never! I'm simply just a concerned father who wants to make sure his children are prepared in any situation." He flashes an innocent smile at his eldest.

Gabriel, who was seated on the right side of Rheah looks at her then Cataleya before pulling off his mask, turning towards their father with a scoff.

"That's a cute story old man but we know the truth."

"The truth?" Antonio raises his eyebrow amused, "Please enlighten me with it since you three seem to know how I think and operate."

"It's payback for all the "trouble" we apparently cause," Gabriel replies sarcastically, rolling his blue eyes.

"Right." Rheah and Cataleya chimes.

Antonio chuckles and shrugs his broad shoulders, "Well, if it's on your conscience then who am I to debate it?"

The siblings roll their eyes at Antonio's deflective response.

Slowly, with their father's help, they rise to their feet, groaning from the aches and pains that grabbed hold of their bodies as they make their way back to the mansion.

Luckily for one, their suffering wasn't completely in vain as Antonio had mentioned earlier there would be a grand prize for today's star pupil.

"AH! Grazie Papa!" Rheah squeals as she flings her arms around Antonio, engulfing him into a warm bear hug that almost topples him over.

Cataleya and Gabriel's mouths drop as they gawk enviously at Rheah's prize: A stunning cocaine white Lamborghini.

"You earned it, my love." Antonio grins at his daughter's joy.

"Uh, I hate to sound like a brat Papa, but I would have preferred a car than some diamonds," Cataleya grumbles folding her arms across her chest, referring to the prize she had won the last time.

"Some diamonds?" Gabriel stares at her incredulously, "That necklace cost over 50,000 euros! If you don't want it, give it to me."

Cataleya side-eyes him, "Whoa now, I ain't say all that. Next time try to win your own gift."

Gabriel glares at her, catching the shade she'd thrown before rolling his eyes back towards Rheah who was checking out her new whip.

"Alright," Antonio interjects with a chuckle before Gabriel could get the chance to send shots back Cataleya's way. "Since I was very impressed by you all today as a secondary reward I say we order in, my treat. Chinese or Mexican?"