CAPITOLO SETTE- Desires of the Heart

"Talkin' that shit with your back to me just know it always get back to me." - Aubrey Drake Graham

Giovanni Estate, Sicily, Italy📍
4:00pm
August 20th '18

Cataleya hums along to the romantic Italian love song playing from the iPod dock as she prepares dinner. 

Deeply immersed within her musical world, she didn't even notice the loud voices and obnoxious laughter drawing close until the culprits enter the kitchen, disturbing her peace.

"Oh my gosh, Gabriel put me down!" A feminine voice shrieks.

Cataleya glances up to see her brother with a young blonde woman slung over his shoulder while his usual companions Giorgio, Vincent and Eli trail behind with three other girls.

She also noticed they were all in their swimwear, assuming they were heading to the outdoor pool.

"Keep screaming sweetheart, you know I love it when a woman begs and calls out my name." Gabriel's boyish grin widens.

Cataleya rolls her eyes, cutting away at the carrot more furiously than before.

"Stronzo, (Asshole)" She mumbles.

But she wasn't as quiet as she thought she was, as her voice and presence caught the attention of her annoying admirer. 

"MY WIFE!"

Giorgio calls out pompously, walking around the white marble island to where Cataleya stood frozen. She didn't know whether to take flight or turn to stab him. 

"Mia Bella," Giorgio swoons, taking both of her hands and planting soft tender kisses on each. "When will you let me take you away from here and shower you in nothing but diamonds and pearls?"

Cataleya yanks her hands away, cringing. "When you stop living off daddy's wealth and make your own."

Giorgio DeLuca was the middle son of the mob boss in charge of Italy's western regions and one of Gabriel's closest friends/usual partner in crime.

The young man had been infatuated with Cataleya since the first day he laid eyes on her and swore it was 'Colpo di fulmine,' Love at first sight or 'The Thunderbolt' as the Italians called it.

Cataleya however, did not feel the same.

It wasn't that Giorgio was ugly- quite far from it actually-but Cataleya just wasn't interested. Her heart already belonged to someone else and Giorgio was an egotistical misogynist who constantly got on her nerves.

"Princess, who says I don't have my own?" He grins. "I have a big house, top of the line car," He licks his lips and sizes her lustfully, "All I need is you."

Cataleya scoffs, "Last time I checked, that house and car you speak of are financed by your father. Trust me, you don't need me, you need to find a job and independence."

The rest of his friends laugh but the girls shoot her murderous glares.

"Says a lower class woman cook," Giorgio mocks, "You should be grateful a man of my stature sees the beauty in what you can become."

"Oh, forgive me on passing up the opportunity to be with an egotistical man-child who has no respect for women at all." Cataleya places her hand on her chest melodramatically.

Giorgio only smirks at her performance, brushing her insult aside.

"Respect is to be earned, my love and you show me none... But it's okay," His fingers trail up and down her arm teasingly, "I've met your type before and I know with the right advances, you too can be tamed."