CAPITOLO SEDICI- Phase One

"I'll be a fool for you. I know myself, but I pretend, I leave and I come back again, I'm a fool for you." -Snoh Aalegra

Manhattan, New York📍
10:00 am
October 3rd '18

"Seriously, Michael?! We're here to discuss our wedding and you over here in other bitches' DMs?!"

Micheal groans melodramatically, "Here you go again with this shit..."

The couple were waiting for their wedding planner who was running late for their meeting. While Aaliyah had taken the chance to phone her best friend to catch up on the latest gossip, Micheal decided to scroll through his social media apps.

Once she had ended her call, Aaliyah had taken a peek at Michael's phone and her blood boiled the moment she saw the display picture of the person her fiancé was currently private messaging on Instagram.

"Michael, what the hell is wrong with you?" Aaliyah roars, "Does your hoe even know you're getting married?!"

"I can't believe at this point in our relationship you would even think I'm entertaining other females." Michael's face twists with irritation.

Aaliyah scoffs, "Michael. You and I both know you're capable of that, don't act like you haven't cheated on me before."

"I'm not making any excuse for my previous behaviour but that shit only happened at the start of our relationship when we were barely official," Michael retaliates. "And I've righted my wrongs since then and have never stepped out on you since then!"

"You mean till now! Who's that bitch on your phone screen Michael and why you talking to her?!" Aaliyah growls, gripping his arm digging her nails into his skin.

Micheal swats her hand away before eyeing her wildly, "Woman are you crazy?! I'm talking to my boy!"

"THAT'S. NOT. A. BOY. IN. THAT. AVI!" She taps a pink almond shaped fingernail on his phone.

"Yeah, I know, that's his girlfriend!"

"Oh cut the crap, Michael, do you think I'm stupid?! Why the fuck would he have his girlfriend as his Instagram display picture?"

"You wanna ask him?" Michael roughly hands her phone, "Here! Go 'head and ask! And when you're done, change my Avi to a picture of yourself since you wanna be all jealous and insecure this morning."

That last comment struck a nerve within Aaliyah.

"JEALOUS AND INSECURE?!" She yells.

The two bicker back and forth between each other until Michael had enough. He presses the display picture and the screen instantly took him to the person's profile page. A seething Aaliyah glares in embarrassment as sure enough, there were many posts of one of Michael's friends along with a few pictures of the friend and his girlfriend. The girl in his Avi.

"Oh look!" He taps on the first image of the couple, "Uploaded 4 hours ago, Wow would you look at that? It's even her birthday today." Michael's comment drips with sarcasm.

Aaliyah's face reddens.

"Feel stupid now huh." Michael sneers.

"Hey!" Aaliyah snaps, "I am not one of your boys, Michael. You are not going to speak to me like that! Come correct!"

"Sort out your trust issues first."

"How can I? You've given me so many reasons not to!"

Michael scoffs, "So then why are you marrying me?"