Chapter 50

Sylvia's eyes blinked opened. Her eyes adjusted to the faint light of the room before noticing the ceiling tiles were certainly not the same ones from her dorm.

She went to sit up, but the weight on her chest held her down. She investigated with her hand and ran her fingers through familiar black hair before realizing that Evania's head was the weight on her chest.

"Eva." She called to her. "Wake up."

Evania stirred before sitting back in her chair to brush the tiredness out of her eyes. Sylvia went to sit up, but as soon as her body began lifting her world began spinning, and she landed back on the pillows with a groan.

"Are you okay?" Evania whispered. "Does your head still hurt?"

"I'm going to be sick." Sylvia answered. She could already feel the bile clawing it's way up her throat as she scrambled up into a sitting position.

Evania raised the bucket from the side of the bed just in time for Sylvia to grab it and unload whatever she had eaten prior. Evania cringed, not really knowing what else she could do. She glanced over her shoulder to see if the doctor had heard but she didn't want to call out to them.

Thankfully the doctor did hear and he stepped through the curtain and up to the bed. "Hey, not feeling so good huh?" He noted.

"My world is spinning." Sylvia answered. "What the hell happened to me?"

"It seems you had a migraine." He offered.

"No shit." Sylvia growled, before dry heaving a bit. "Why the fuck am I sick now?"

"Nausea and vomiting are a symptom of severe migraines. But thankfully we've actually figured out what's wrong with you this time."

"Oh really?"

"Seems the gentleman who cut you actually left you with an unpleasant curse." He noted. "We were able to find it from Sarah's examination. I have to apologize, while I do specialize in medicine I wasn't aware magic could do something like this, so I wasn't looking for it."

"So what's that mean doc?" Sylvia asked. "I don't actually have chronic migraines?"

"You do, but they shouldn't get that severe. At least not while you're healing as much as you are. The curse is basically intensifying the pain, and this doubles when you're trying to heal it."

"Then what the hell am I supposed to do? Can't someone fix it?"

Evania gently pat Sylvia on the leg as the doctor continued. "From what I was told by Sarah and Alice, Akeno is going to come by first thing in the morning to remove your curse. Sarah was going to do it but since we don't entirely know it's nature we agreed it might be better to make sure it's completely gone with some divinity."

"What about Kai?" Sylvia muttered. "Someone go wake her ass up."

She wasn't in her dorm. Evania noted. Alice said she'll be trying to send her a vision, but she couldn't make any promises...

"I'm not sure about that. From what I was told we weren't able to find her at the moment. If you manage to get into contact with her I'm sure she could do the same." The doctor agreed before leaning through the curtain and grabbing another bucket before handing the clean one to Sylvia and taking the "used" one away. "I'll leave you two alone for the night. If you need anything I'll be in the other room."

"Thank you." Sylvia sighed deeply. As he left she moved the bucket to the side of the bed before laying back down.

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Evania whispered once she heard the door close.