Chapter 13

"Hey Sylvia?" Janet called.

"Hmm?" The succubus answered, staring down at her notebook before looking up at Janet only to pause at how close she was leaning towards her.

"You really like Eva right?"

"Is this the part where you're supposed to try and scare me into being on my best behavior with her? Because, I don't think she likes me 'cuz I'm perfect." Sylvia answered.

"Yeah. But if you fuck with my Eva I'll kill you myself."

"Ooo. I do like it rough." She grinned. "Promise?"

"Promise... Where is Eva?"

"With her mom." Sylvia answered, looking back down at her notebook.

"Are you studying?"

"Yep. I have to maintain that 3.0 average or they'll kick me off the council, and I don't want that."

"Wouldn't you have more time to spend with Eva?"

"Yeah, but I'd also be bored whenever I'm not with her. This way I have something to do."

"Oh my god. Can you just get in her pants already so that I can say you're the best couple I know." Janet leaned back in her chair and groaned.

They were sitting by themselves in the council office waiting for the others to join them.

Sylvia looked up at her and smirked. "She hasn't told you yet?"

Janet leaned forward and stared at the succubus. "Did you guys finally have sex!?"

"Nope."

"Uhg... Then yes, I know you guys kissed."

"But do you know?" Sylvia questioned.

"Know what?"

"I asked her to be my girlfriend, and she said yes."

"What? Really?"

"I mean, technically she didn't say 'yes' but she meant yes. She was like 'what do I have to do?' and I was like 'you don't have to do anything'." Sylvia shrugged. "But yes, we're dating now. Gonna keep it light for now. I don't want to overwelm her and scare her off."

"That's a good idea. She does scare easily."

"She'll also tear out my intestines pretty easy too. So I should probably work on that." She nodded.

"Just don't really freak her out and you should be fine." Janet noted. "Avoid hugging her or grabbing her. And don't yell at her. She hates that more than anything. It makes her freeze up and she can't think straight."

"Noted. And if someone else yells at them and I hit them?"

"Well... physical assault is a crime here... I would avoid it if you can." Janet rolled her eyes.

"Does it count as self defense if I'm protecting my other half?"

"I mean, you do what you gotta do. I'm sure Isirona could help prove stuff to the authorities if it ever came to that... So you're not going to tell anyone your dating yet?"

"You're the first, and probably the only one. Eva doesn't strike me as the kind of person who wants to make out in public. She might only kiss me to give me mana. Don't know if she'd just want to for no reason."

"You never know." Janet shrugged, tapping her pencil against the table. "This is all new for her, and she might not understand how she really feels. She's broken in a lot of ways... kind of like-"