Chapter 101

"Are you really sure about this?" Sylvia questioned, holding onto Evania's hand tightly.

"No." Evania retorted. "Of course I'm not sure. I'm nervous as hell."

"Then we don't have to do this Treasure. I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"You seem more uncomfortable with it than I do."

"Only because I'm worried about you." Sylvia scoffed before gently knocking on the dorm door.

"Don't be. I won't know how I'll feel about it until it happens so there's no reason to panic now. I know I'm safe, that's all that matters."

"You're awfully technical about the whole thing." Sylvia narrowed her eyes.

"Do you expect anything less?" Evania chuckled.

The door opened in front of them and Evania could quickly smell fresh food as well as the scent of vanilla candles. Vanessa smiled warmly. "Right on time. I just finished dinner."

"Perfect. I'm starving." Sylvia returned the smile. Vanessa had cut her hair once more, leaving it very short and only a little longer on top. Likely taking inspiration from Alice's short haircut. She also dyed it bright red, making it stand out even more.

"Are the candles necessary?" Evania questioned with a raised eyebrow as they entered the dorm where Vanessa closed the door behind them. Evania's perceptive eyes also noticed the small vines or roots growing up the back of Vanessa's neck and realized she was possessed by the nymph at this moment.

"Not for you." Vanessa chuckled. "I got distracted and burned my first meal attempt." She scratched her neck nervously. "I just didn't want you to come in smelling burnt food. I'll put the candle out in a second."

"They smell nice." Evania shrugged.

Vanessa motioned for them to take their seats at the island before offering them a plate of what appeared to be a shrimp scampi. She also handed Evania a small bottle of vanilla extract before she started cleaning up the kitchen.

"You're not going to eat?" Sylvia questioned as she started picking at it. Evania tipped a drop of vanilla into her mouth before she too started eating.

"I've had a few blood bags today, and Alice said I shouldn't be eating human food until I'm fully transitioned into being a Pureblood." Vanessa confessed.

"Are you feeling okay?" The succubus raised a curious eyebrow.

"I feel fine. Better than I ever have before even. I'm just way more thirsty than I used to be. Alice said I'll stop being as thirsty once my body is fully adjusted."

"So you made this delicious food and you're not going to taste it?"

"I didn't make it for me." Vanessa smiled, leaning onto the counter to watch her friends. "I made it for you two."

"Is Ciera not going to eat it?" Evania questioned.

"She called dibs on the leftovers."

Sylvia chuckled. "Then she has something to look forward to, because it really is delicious."

"Thank you. I try. I always liked cooking. Shame I couldn't really eat it anymore."

"Must be nice knowing your stomach is going to be more tolerant towards normal food again." Sylvia noted.

"I'm a little excited. I always got serious upset stomachs after eating something simple since I was turned."

Sylvia turned towards Evania. "You never get upset stomachs right?" Evania answered by shaking her head as she continued to eat. "Okay... well... where does it go?"