Chapter 77

The final room that Sylvia took Evania into was up the spiral staircase in the center. She explained that although there were many other doors, she had yet to create rooms beyond them.

After climbing the staircase, Evania found herself walking down a very short hallway, and into a large bedroom. She expected some over-the-top extra thing to be in this room.

She was not disappointed.

This room was clearly Sylvia's bedroom, and the purple velvet carpet did not disappoint. Neither did the absolutely massive purple heart shaped bed with a silk canopy draping over the sides creating a single way onto the bed from the tip of that heart being the center piece of the room. Surrounding the room were similar Roman columns except they were all very naked figures in the center of each column, as if a person carved in stone was holding up the tops and bottoms of these pillars. Not all of them were female, but they were all definitely naked, and very anatomically correct.

What was even better however, was that between each pillar was a window into what appeared to be another world. In one it looked like someone had taken a photo off the side of a mountain to overlook rolling planes with a massive castle in the distance. Another looked to be the front of a castle, looking up at the large gates. Another was the view off a balcony, over looking a familiar city that Evania had seen in Sylvia's dreams. Another was a family portrait of King Arthur, Gwen and Sylvia all sitting and smiling happily with a red silk backdrop.

Finally, the last picture was of Evania herself, standing beside a snowman as she carefully built it up with a wonderful smile on her face.

"They're memories." Evania realized as she stepped into the room.

"They are." Sylvia nodded. A few moments later, all the pictures faded out of view before returning. This time every, single one was of Evania. There was the moment they met with Evania standing at the island of their dorm room looking over paperwork with a nervous expression. Another of her sleeping form from Sylvia's perspective, as the vampire as asleep on top of her. Another of them at the beach with Evania mid leap, her skin covered in Kai's beautiful tattoos. Another of Evania walking beside Alice and Sarah, smiling over her shoulder at Alice who appeared to be speaking to her. Another of the joy filled smile the vampire had while taking a bite out of a cookie.

Evania blinked as she watched the pictures change a few more times. Bouncing between moments between the two of them and other moments like being in a tomb with her sisters and the man she now knew as Oscar. But they always returned to Evania. The vampire quickly realized that these were Sylvia's important memories. The ones that brought her the most joy.

Evania turned to look at Sylvia who's eyes were locked squarely on Evania who was standing in the center of the room in front of the bed. Sylvia bit her lip, and Evania recognized the expression as Sylvia wanting to say something but not knowing if she should. She did not see this expression often, but it was one she still knew. Before either of them could react, the pictures all changed once again, to this moment. With Evania standing in front of the bed looking back at Sylvia.

"Sylvia?" Evania asked.

The succubus wordlessly stepped forward, one hand taking one of Evania's where the other carefully caressed her face, gently rubbing her thumb across her cheek. Evania did not miss when the images all changed again to Evania's face, looking up into the swirling purple eyes of the succubus with that very same hand touching her.

Evania wished she could hear the echo of Sylvia's thoughts in her head. But she didn't have the ability to focus her own consciousness now. She was almost terrified of what was about to be said. The look on Sylvia's face was one of contemplation. Sylvia was debating on something she thought was incredibly important. Something that was important enough to take up all of her focus. To be remembered as an important moment in her life.