Chapter 34

"How's your arm Syl?" Vanessa asked as she walked up beside Sylvia who was picking at the bandages still wrapped around her arm.

"It stings." Sylvia answered. "Succubus claws are no joke. They don't heal with magic or my mana."

"Did you ask Kai?" Vanessa sat on the picnic table that Sylvia was sitting at.

"It's not that bad." Sylvia shrugged. "Plus, Eva is giving me a ton of extra attention. I have to admit I kinda like it." She grinned.

"Zali and Kai talked to me after the council meeting about your trick for Evania. Only you would turn a safeword into an anxiety thing." The vampire grinned.

"I didn't say it wasn't still a safeword." Sylvia smiled. "But I think it's important. If she's calm enough to be able to answer the question then I don't have to always throw myself into her business."

"That's true." Vanessa looked back towards the soccer field. "Why don't you join any sports?"

Sylvia turned to look at the field before sighing. "Because anything where I'm surrounded by tired, sweaty athletes isn't really somewhere I should be."

"That's what the seals are for." Vanessa answered.

"It's not the same." Syliva smiled. "I actually want to fuck everyone I see."

"Is that a you thing or a succubus thing?"

"A succubus thing. Instinct removing things don't work because it's not instincts. I guess it's a chemical thing or something. I see someone who's marginally attractive and I want to be in their pants. When they're exhausted and sweaty, even more so."

Sylvia tapped a finger to the top of her soda cup. "Did you hear anything from Isirona about what happened?" She asked, her tail swaying behind her nervously.

"I figured they'd talk to you first." Vanessa shrugged. "Everyone get's one warning when it comes to weapons on campus, and it's not like you wear it around on your belt."

"Still." Sylvia glanced down at her left arm which she also had wrapped up in a bandage. Caliburn's crest had stopped glowing, but the tattoo remained on her skin and she didn't exactly like the idea of people seeing it.

"So you really are the daughter of King Arthur huh?" Vanessa smiled. "There aren't any loyal subjects ready to kick my ass for fucking with you right?"

Sylvia sighed deeply, staring at her cup with a look of regret on her face. One that Vanessa had never seen before.

"Are you okay?"

"I've never drawn the blade before." Sylvia answered before leaning back a bit. "I've held it before, but never drawn it to use before."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"By drawing it for battle I've bascially proved my bloodline. It's the first time I've really accepted it. I mean, I always knew I was his daughter, and it's not like dad was an ass or anything. He was one of the nicest people I've ever known. But he was still human, and he was still the King. Before he died he gave me Excalibur's Crest, and Caliburn. He told me only to draw the blade when I had something that needed protecting."

"What about your sisters?" Vanessa asked.

"I've never had to protect them before." She answered. "They never did anything crazy until they got older, and by then they were taking care of each other."

"What changed?" Vanessa watched the look of regret turn to anger as Sylvia's hand tightened on the cup, causing the plastic to bend before she realized what she was doing and released the cup to look at her hands. "Evania."