Chapter 8

Evania watched the blind fox standing beside Zali and talking to Sylvia and Janet. She always felt bad whenever the fox was around her because she always felt like communication was hard. At first it was miserable because the fox literally couldn't see her only way of communicating.

Now it was a bit easier.

She liked talking with Kai about how abnoxious her girlfriend was. She found it very relatable.

Even if she wasn't dating the succubus yet, it did feel like it.

She was sitting on a bench with a book in her lap as she watched them talk about something relating to the student council. Kai had her arm looped through Zali's as she usually did. They were very close friends and Zali was always helping her get around.

Evania also liked Zali because she was going through the exact same situation that Evania was. Although Zali was far more ahead of her and already in bed with her succubus.

Sylvia met Evania's eyes before a huge grin broke out on her face and she waved her over. Evania rolled her eyes and closed her book before standing up and heading over.

"So Eva, we were talking about a student council thing we wanted your opinion on." Sylvia noted, glancing at her friends to see if they would argue or not.

Evania answered by motioning her to get on with it.

"'Kay. What do you think about a dance?" Sylvia asked.

Evania narrowed her eyes.

"The silence is very reassuring." Kai noted.

"I wish you could see her expression." Zali muttered.

"I wasn't asking you to dance." Sylvia rolled her eyes. "I was asking what you thought about having a dance. You wouldn't even have to go."

"We think it's a good idea because it gives everyone the oportunity to meet and greet with everyone else at the school. It would also allow the students to speak to us directly about the things they want to change or see in the school itself. We thought the Headmaster's Daughter might have good input on it." Janet explained for the succubus.

It's a good idea. Evania noted, putting her thoughts into Kai's head as she signed at the same time. She knew that Zali had been picking up on Sign from Vanessa and Sylvia who were teaching it to her whenever they could. Plus, the young mage felt bad when she had to put her thoughts into Kai because she had no way of translating unless someone else was translating. Learning Sign just seemed easier for everyone.

If everyone has the chance to speak to you guys, then they'll be able to tell you what they think is missing or what needs changing. It's also a good way to really show off what the school means to everyone. Getting along.

"I mean, the last dance I went to I did get electrocuted." Zali noted, her other hand rubbing her chest.

"Does it bother you right now?" Kai asked.

"Not at the moment no."

"Well we'll work on that." The succubus smiled nervously. "I mean, what are the chances you get struck by lightning again at another dance?"

"Depends on who's throwing it." Janet added.

"Thanks." Zali muttered.

Lightning aside, I think it's a good idea. Evania interjected. I think you guys should do it.

"Great." Sylvia's grin got wider before a look of guilt took her expression. Evania once again narrowed her eyes.

You want me to ask my mother for you.